Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Argon Laser for sale. SOLD.

Laser Physics Argon laser for sale. Brilliant, reliable, all-in-one compact unit with the tube and power supply in one small housing.
Input voltage self adjusting 90-250VAC
877LaserPhysics-rear.JPG

876LaserPhysics-front.JPG

Last edited:

vk2fro

Re: Argon Lasers for sale

Hi timelablasers

why did you begin another thread; instead of bumping the original one which is now on the second page?

Apart from this boo boo timelablasers has got a great deal going here for aussies. I am getting one of the lasers next week and will report my findings to the forums as to what they are like.

I have been told they are low hours and will have OODLES of time left for us hobbyists to enjoy what is the holy grail of lasers for the enthusiast - the argon gas laser.

These units have an inbuilt SMPS (switch mode power supply) which is like your nokia phone charger, but MUCH bigger. it self adjusts itself depending on line voltage. Although this doesnt reduce the heat from the plasma tube itself, this results in a power supply that runs cooler, is much lighter and more efficient than a linear design.

Free bump ;)

Last edited:

WRM

Thanks for asking....good question.
I've just checked and there is a label above the power connector that says '95-265 VAC'. So it looks like these later units are self adjusting.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.

So can you just change the power plug to a 110?

WRM

Is the Spectra Physics also 240? Please let me know. Thanks, Bill

Hi,
Yes it looks like all it needs is a US power plug. I do have one of them so if it goes to the US, I can put that on.
More info on the Spectra Physics.....
I have had trouble finding the interlock pinout info for the NEC power supply but I did manage to connect two pins so the laser turns on. However, in this setting it stays in idle. But, I did manage to find the VR to set it to the highest idle output power. The meter on the power supply now reads 8-9mW at idle. While it runs fine in this way, ideally the new owner could experiment around and find the pinout info and set it up so that idle is about 1-2mW and run is adjustable.
The SP has 110 VAC input.

vk2fro

jeez rob you seem to be getting more and more argon lasers - didnt notice the spectra physics. I'm curious, what model is it.

I'm getting my laser physics on wednesday. Rob do you want me to break out the digital camera and take some more photos and post them here? I'm sure people would like to see a better pic of the rear panel, and what they look like on the inside...

Cheers
Ben

Last edited:

vk2fro

ok will do mate - I meant to say I'll be getting mine on thurs (paying for it wednesday).

Cheers
Ben

@Timelablasers :

Do you still have any left? I might be interested (depends on the postage to Canada).

What remote interface does it need? Can you "DIY" it?

Woah, the shipping fee blew my budget limit.
Sorry, I can't go more than $450.

But these are damn nice lasers!

vk2fro

Looks like I'll be going to do a reverse engineer on one of these units for the remote interface connector. That way we can play with light and current modes from a remote control, and monitor current and milliwatts out.

I am out of the sling now, and using my right arm more and more so should be able to handle the multimeter properly soon :)

vk2fro

timelab, i charge for those photos when used in a for sale thread. Gonna pay your account?! :p

just kidding. They're good lasers people, as you can see from my thread. :)