Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ARGmeter Ophir 20C-A-1-Y w/ heatsink

It has been 5+ years since I have really been active on here so I have decided to finally part ways with my LPM.

I am asking $600 $450 $400 $390 $375 $350 for everything pictured below and will not separate. Shipping depends on location. PayPal or Crypto accepted. I might consider a partial trade if you have something that sparks my interest.

ARGmeter 4W LPM w/ 3d printed case
Ophir 20C-A-1-Y w/ heatsink made by Mrcrouse
Flex stand for head
Pistol Case

On March 2014, the Ophir head was sent to ARG to be calibrated. It has seen limited use since then and has spent the past 5 years sitting in the case.

To record data on computer I use Peregrine - The Free, Open Source LPM Interface which was created by Trevor. After all this time the software is still working great!

Feel free to ask any questions and it's good to see LPF is still kicking!

IMG_20200101_145932 EDITED.jpgIMG_20200101_145942 EDITED.jpgIMG_20200101_145949 EDITED.jpg
445nm Maglite 1.1.20.png

Last edited:

That's unfortunate the interface only goes to 4W, it's really downplaying what that head is capable of, especially with he heatsink. Also just a heads up, I tried to sell my similar unit for $500 for just about a year and the highest offer I got was $350 I believe. I ended up selling it for $450 on ebay though. So just thought I would let you know. I'm sure someone would pay $600 but it might take awhile.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info it has been so long since I have really been on here that I wasn't sure were to start. I went to sell it 4 years ago but decided to hold on to it; the best offer I got at that time was around the same as you. I am in no hurry to sell but I appreciate the eBay recommendation, the only US located head is asking $700 obo. I'll update my price.

It definitely is a downfall about the ARGmeter is limited to 4W, so someone would need a different way to read the head if they want to go above that. When I bought it, i thought there was no way I would have to worry about the possibility of making a handheld laser that would exceed it. My 3.5W 445nm 9mm was the cream of the crop at the time, but I was just checking out DTRs site and he has 7W blues and 1W greens..... Things really got crazy while I was gone!

That's unfortunate the interface only goes to 4W, it's really downplaying what that head is capable of, especially with he heatsink. Also just a heads up, I tried to sell my similar unit for $500 for just about a year and the highest offer I got was $350 I believe. I ended up selling it for $450 on ebay though. So just thought I would let you know. I'm sure someone would pay $600 but it might take awhile.

Not trying to attack your post, just giving you info. If you want me to remove this I will.

Encap

Thanks for the info it has been so long since I have really been on here that I wasn't sure were to start. I went to sell it 4 years ago but decided to hold on to it; the best offer I got at that time was around the same as you. I am in no hurry to sell but I appreciate the eBay recommendation, the only US located head is asking $700 obo. I'll update my price.

It definitely is a downfall about the ARGmeter is limited to 4W, so someone would need a different way to read the head if they want to go above that. When I bought it, i thought there was no way I would have to worry about the possibility of making a handheld laser that would exceed it. My 3.5W 445nm 9mm was the cream of the crop at the time, but I was just checking out DTRs site and he has 7W blues and 1W greens..... Things really got crazy while I was gone!

Welcome BACK---5 YEARS IS SEVERAL LIFETIMES IN in the "Laser world" and it related techniques and technologies as well as availability of retail, wholesale, and professional premanufactured products in the marketplace and generally speaking.

Much progress has been made in the last 5 years>>> products that used to be $1000 or more retail and are now $500-600 retail for instance. #01. 302, 303, and 304 series laser pointer which used to be $50+ now sell on ebay for $5 to $10

With progress always comes new opportunity. Explore what IS today---some things that were just dreams 5 years ago are now commonplace. (y)

👉 LPF very much needs returning good , experienced, and knowledgeable returning members.
Stay a while and enjoy the new LPF as it is today--is very different than it was 5 years ago.
I think you will enjoy this place once again
. 👈

Last edited:

Snecho

Ah yes white letters so my failing eyes can see it better

I'm a bit surprised that this has not sold, tbh - an Ophir-equipped LPM for $350 is a good deal...

Quick question - what do you think that Ophir head can handle power-wise with that heatsink installed?