Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

are these 18650 more real?

2 amp-hour is a believable capacity for medium quality cells, and the price also seems to match. These are probably fine. Certainly not bleeding edge or top of the line, but fine.

It isn't always necessary to buy top quality cells, lifetime17. Many gadgets these days have rechargeable cells, and I'd venture a guess you've got a half-dozen with only medium quality cells installed. You've probably made no effort to replace these because they're good enough.

Hi Cyp,
I have the ability to do so and i will continue to purchase top quality cells. I feel better about that and to apply them in all my builds. Don't get me wrong i know some folks try to save a little cash and thats all good. Happy Holidays to you,

Rich:)

QiQi

Hey Yeah i bought couple aw 16340 almost
9 years ago for my laserbtb lasers
I'm surprised, i didnt knew they still existed
as long they won't explode or anything I'm good I guess
using a nitecore i4 charger so that system should prevent me from overcharging Catching a fire?

The nitecore chargers are good chargers and will charge many different chemistry batteries aswell. As for batteries, why gamble on crap-fire batteries when you can get a pair of decent Samsung inr's for $10 shipped? IME, I have never gotten an acceptable pair of *fire batteries in any size. All the ones I have ended up with were obviously end of life cells rewrapped. Some even had internal resistances that were so varied it would be dangerous to use them in series. Shop around and deals can be found on decent quality cells. Keep an eye on ebay and vape shops both online and brick and mortar. I've gotten quality cells for $2.50 each before because a shop was clearing out inventory to start carrying only efest cells.