Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Arctic Mod - Protected 18650?

MadEye

Hey!

I want to start my "improved" arctic build and just dont get an idea how to make it possible to use protected 18650s in it.

What I got so far:

-The spring is not the problem (The battery touches the black plastic part before the spring is completly in
-Looks like its impossible to open the tailcap to shorten the contact bolt...

So Im basicly looking for a nice way to get more distance for the black spring part which will not brake after a few minutes under preasure...

Since some of you already modded an arctic Im just wondering if someone maybe found a good solution like some kind of tube as a spacer for the "black plastic spring" part which fits the host but has eneugh space for a 18650 (ok, maybe not, but I hope you get what i mean...^^)

The only idea I have right now is put some tape arround the plastic piece, press it in postion and glue it down, but since Im not the biggest fan of glue I would prefer some mechanical solution.

I will use the standart heat sink and the battery monitor, so I cant mount the spring to the heat sink like some people did before.

MadEye

Not easy to take a pic of the inside of a host...

I hoped people already disasambled an Arctic know what i mean...

This tight part to hold the plastic part (green here) is a super tiny differnece, much less then 1mm to the host. In the right version you can see what I basicly need to do... Even though I dont think I will find some spacer for it...^^

Attachments

Fiddy

simple solution is not to use protected cells...

are you talking about this black outer ring?

MadEye

Im already using protected cells and I dont want to use unprotected just because this was designed by Idiots from Wicked.^^

I will drill it out (not to the end, so I get an point where 21-22mm goes to 19) and place a new battery tube inside. Also I can place a PCB with a spring on the inside which will be hold by the battery and the tube itself, so I dont even need to glue something in place.

Will be a little work but thats the best solution I could find. :)