Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Appears all of the BlackBuck 8M Drivers are sold, anyone know where to find more?

DTR and Barnett ebay listings for the BlackBuck 8M drivers are all sold out, except for one mounted to a heat sink. Anyone know of another source where they are available right now?

Coonie

X Wossee was in the process of making newer drivers last time we talked. I wonder if he came up with anything?

He replied shipping times were too long causing unhappy customers so he temporarily suspended sales.

The BlackBuck 8M production has come to an end because the main chip used is no longer in production and there isn't a direct replacement. Hopefully X-Wossee creates a new driver soon. If anyone else is in the driver design game I'd certainly be happy to speak to you!

What is Astral doing these days? I’d like to look into designing my own driver and have an idea which may work to make a driver with more current capability using the same size of PCB. However, amplitude modulation probably won’t be possible, only TTL with this idea.

I just got more SuperDrive V drivers from Astral. He doesn't have any new designs to my knowledge though.

Giannis_TDM

The BlackBuck 8M production has come to an end because the main chip used is no longer in production and there isn't a direct replacement. Hopefully X-Wossee creates a new driver soon. If anyone else is in the driver design game I'd certainly be happy to speak to you!
I have a design for a reverse polarity protected, PWM, open circuit protected, Low-cost 3A ajst buck driver I just don't have spare money to prototype it. I just don't want to say anything till I have a few to test myself and to send to trusted LPF members to test.

I have a design for a reverse polarity protected, PWM, open circuit protected, Low-cost 3A ajst buck driver I just don't have spare money to prototype it. I just don't want to say anything till I have a few to test myself and to send to trusted LPF members to test.
Any way to boost it up to 5A? I'd be happy to do some testing.