Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Apexproxy Black Ice first impressions

I recently purchased a 2.1W Black Ice 445nm laser from Apexproxy. The ordering process was fast and simple (completed via PM) and Jeff was very responsive in my questions and especially with reference to the shipping info. Completed payment thru PayPal and my torch was on its way. I received the unit in 48hrs (shipping was free courtesy of Apex). Packaging was simple but still protected the unit adaquately. Now on to the unit itself, THIS IS A POCKET ROCKET TORCH! The unit host came looking flawless. No nicks or scratches on the anodized finish and the laser module itself looked very cleanly soldered with professional grade quality and craftsmanship. The beam from the unit is also very clean with no artifacts noticed During my initial testing. The black ice model I purchased is rated at 2.1W per apexproxy and judging by the burning capability, it looks to be spot on. I do not own an LPM but I have a fair amount of lasers from across the spectrum in terms of power and this is definitely up there. Overall, I would definitely endorse and highly recommend the Black Ice Lasers as sold and outfitted by Apexproxy . Jeff was responsive, shipped quickly , and above all provided a quality, high value product MADE IN THE USA. Check him out. You will be one happy camper with one of these pocket infernos. The dark will be afraid of you once you see the beam on this thing. PM Jeff and GET ONE!

http://i.imgur.com/5iHHKQf.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/qZ1atty.jpg?3
http://i.imgur.com/LrDQNoZ.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/lEmBHgg.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/xnvxw3d.jpg?1

Last edited:

IsaacT

hi, I am glad to see that you were satisfied with your purchase from Apexproxy, he is a great member here.

I would however recommend a couple of things.
1st: I would recommend that you post a thread in the Welcome section and tell us a little about yourself. Also be sure to read the stickies and all that good stuff. :)
2nd: I recommend that you put your location into your profile so that people know where in the world you are(approximately of course). This allows us to, in the future, offer you any advice easier.
3rd: I would love to see any pictures of the unit you received, beam pictures, maybe even a video! Reviews here are regarded much more highly when there is multimedia involved, as without pictures they are just words. Remember the old saying, a picture is worth a thousand words? True.

Anyway, again welcome to the community and I look forward to seeing you around!

Sincerely,
Isaac

hi, I am glad to see that you were satisfied with your purchase from Apexproxy, he is a great member here.

I would however recommend a couple of things.
1st: I would recommend that you post a thread in the Welcome section and tell us a little about yourself. Also be sure to read the stickies and all that good stuff. :)
2nd: I recommend that you put your location into your profile so that people know where in the world you are(approximately of course). This allows us to, in the future, offer you any advice easier.
3rd: I would love to see any pictures of the unit you received, beam pictures, maybe even a video! Reviews here are regarded much more highly when there is multimedia involved, as without pictures they are just words. Remember the old saying, a picture is worth a thousand words? True.

Anyway, again welcome to the community and I look forward to seeing you around!

Sincerely,
Isaac
Thanks Isaac! I appreciate the suggestions, this is a pretty comprehensive forum so any pointer in navigating my way is much appreciated. Question for you, how do you upload high res pics thagt are over 800X600 pixels? I've tried 3 tines to no avail. Thanks in advance!

Thanks Isaac! I appreciate the suggestions, this is a pretty comprehensive forum so any pointer in navigating my way is much appreciated. Question for you, how do you upload high res pics thagt are over 800X600 pixels? I've tried 3 tines to no avail. Thanks in advance!
You don't. That's the maximum as set by the forum administrator. Resize them to 800x600, Then upload them to imgur. Get the direct link of the picture and put it in side IMG tages, Like So:
LOL.JPG[IMG]

You don't. That's the maximum as set by the forum administrator. Resize them to 800x600, Then upload them to imgur. Get the direct link of the picture and put it in side IMG tages, Like So:
YOURIMAGELINKHERE.COM/LOL.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

Thanks Billiam! pics are up!

Finally Here are the pics I took of the unit upon arrival.
Complete with a few beam shots. Apexproxy rocks!