Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone with experience with 473nm modules?

I purchased Yobresal's broken 5mw 473nm module here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/473nm-laser-parts-sold-46395.html

and i received my DX 1400ma drivers today.

I (unfortunately) removed the Cmount and then put it back in , so it got moved, I hooked up a driver to it and it lases IR from the cmount but its not pumping the crystals correctly..

I hooked up a 9mm to another driver and it measures about 1W on my meter , so i know the drivers work.

I just cant get any blue out of it..

It may be a matter of alignment, but i have no idea where to begin with it..

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

3zuli

turn it on and carefully try to rotate the c-mount around it's screw, untill you get bluue beam out? :thinking:

HIMNL9

Remember that you also have to "match" the polarization plans (the one of the laser with the one of the crystal) correctly.

Sometimes, very few degrees make the difference between working and not working assemblies.

From what i can tell the diode has a FAC lens, and shoots right into the first crystal. I wiggled slowly the cmount and nothing came out, not even a spark of blue. tried different angles etc..

Looks as if its a more sensitive alignment than green.

473nm is MUCH more sensitive to everything than green. I'd go with HIMNLs suggestion that rotation of the pump diode might be the key.. Please post closeup pics of the disassembled head, including a closeup of the first crystal face if possible.

mfo

Good luck, hopefully you can post some sexy beam shots soon.

AS soon as i get home ill dedicate a couple hours to fiddleing with it for sure.

i'll ignore the wife and food in hopes of getting some blue!

Asherz

Yea, the polarization of the C-Mount will be very important, since light is made up of two axis electric and magnetic waves you will need to make sure these are traveling through the crystals at the correct angle, since you are essentially trying to fit the light through an "X" type whole, an easier way to think how it is working.

The FAC presence of the FAC makes me think that it is indeed the polarization as the problem here... did he mention how it stopped working? Was it broken from a drop? ESD to the circuit? Any marks or scratches on the FAC?

-Tyler

he just took i apart, when i got it , it looked as if the driver was destroyed. i took out the cmount to test it outside of the module.