Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone want a trade?

BobMc

If you are doing nothing illegal and/or stupid with your laser like shining on aircrafts, cars, people etc. They have nothing against you. Unless you meet some jerk who needs to prove to his boss he is doing something worth what he is paid for, you should be fine IMO. But it is definitely better to stay hidden and not attract too much attention. And if the officer sees you with laser in hand, it is better to tell the truth, that you are laser enthusiast aware and respecting safety and use your laser responsibly, they may even become interested and be more friendly to you. Unfortunately there is enough idiots with lasers missusing them to make them think something, so if you show you are not one of them, this might actually help other laserists as the police see such people exist.

Like your advice Radim, very well thought out, see some real wisdom there. :gj: +. reps

GSS

Yes, I don't have any of Pman's builds personally, but have heard nothing but good reviews from people who do. If I were you, Peter, I'd go for it.
Yup because of Pman I have so many 532's, lot's of them with Fasttech modules and all metered.
Paul, and if your curious on comparing spec's of your own LPC-826 diodes, I have one of Pman's LPC-826 at 375mw in a Defiant light host:beer:
dden, there's 14 floors of stairs here:shhh:

Last edited:
Yup because of Pman I have so many 532's, lot's of them with Fasttech modules and all metered.
Paul, and if your curious on comparing spec's of your own LPC-826 diodes, I have one of Pman's LPC-826 at 375mw in a Defiant light host:beer:
dden, there's 14 floors of stairs here:shhh:

I love those 650-660nm single mode LD builds. Nice tight beam and decent power as well. ;)

Reactions: GSS

94Z28

I've got some M140 and LPC836/840 builds and a few 405nm pointers as well if you wanna trade something let me know what you are looking for and what wavelength.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

:)
I've got some M140 and LPC836/840 builds and a few 405nm pointers as well if you wanna trade something let me know what you are looking for and what wavelength.
Let me think a bit, although I need to see what Pman might do first as he was first to respond?
Even like I said some accessory's might do as lenses or even something like all the little pesty things needed like thermal adhesive or what not??
I just hate shopping online for all the little things:)

Edit: What are the 405 pointers about?

Last edited:

CoryB

One thing I always do is I never shoot it up in the sky long enough to let the police track me down by it and at night I can hear the police heli coming long before they could ever get a handle on where it's located to send a patrol car plus this housing community is huge with lots of winding, twisting roads and most every road is a dead end cul-de-sac and to top it off it has 3 long lakes running parallel to each other and running diagonally through it from one corner to the other ! like a big maze so to fig out when I'm located a cop car would need to be a street or two over in the same track as mine to have a chance of tracking it down to be coming from my back yard, Heck there are 4 back yards connected to each other on the right side of my back yard and 4 on the left side so which is it coming from ? They don't stand a chance without a heli spotter telling where to go.

Even if the police started knocking on doors in the area and someone told them "ya I seen a guy standing in front of that house right there and shoot a laser up in the air" it wouldn't make any difference because I would say "nope, they were mistaken, No lasers here" and that would be that.......

All they would know for sure is "It's coming from somewhere in this area" ? And unless they get their eyes on me directly doing it they won't be coming in my house looking for a laser because I know my rights and all they will get from me is "Sorry I can't help you, Good bye" and again that would be that.......

They won't be turning down my street and I'm just standing in front of my house shooting a laser in the air, I can tell you that much ! lol

I suspect you may not be aware of how good the air-police have it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaOhD2r-Y8c