Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone in the East getting HAMMERED by these Winds?

Thank goodness for backup power systems!

Trees down everywhere, nearly impossible to travel over roads without roadblocks, etc.

I like the wind but when the gusts are hurricane force, it gets old after a while.

Cleaning up the trees and mess is going to take some time as well.

Yup. I'm locked away inside, and one of the last neighborhoods with power in the immediate area. Verizon has cell service outages all around. Not a fun time.

I feel for you guys, as I am 3000 miles away, it is quite pleasant here. Looking forward to 65 degree weather here in the next month. :D

GSS

Oh, we are getting pounded out my way:can:
I'm thinking the windows are going to crash right in my place and being on the 11th floor..
I had a few trash can lids fly by my head yesterday and not planning on going out today,
but i'm glad the building has a back up system.

Last edited:
Hi,
50 mile north of me were i work had all rain and some wind, but on my way home heading south was all snow and about 2 inches. Some debris on the roads not much and todays temps will be around 45 degrees . I am satisfied with the results of this storm not that bad here.

Rich:)

Power's back on.
Burned about 70 gallons of diesel, not bad.
It was nice to take a hot shower and do just about everything I normally do while it's out everywhere else!
Last time it went out this long was in 2011. Hurricane Irene.
Funny how all the hurricanes that wreak the most havoc have female names!

Gonna spend the next few weekends running chainsaws. Not that we need any more logs! Have about 30 long cords already. The two guest houses are heated by wood stove so can never have too much. Well until now.

Just heard the wind again! Still getting gusts to 30 m/hr or so. Funny after the storm force winds 24 hours ago 30 seems like a breeze.
It was crazy, that roar. Even when there were lulls between gusts, the roar through the forest behind us had the sound of a plane readying for takeoff.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS