Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone in Berkeley?

daguin said:
[quote author=[ch12290] link=1232778895/0#14 date=1232847856][quote author=daguin link=1232778895/0#3 date=1232782404]The PSU will be 220V.  If you only have 120V mains, you will have to get another PSU.  Also be warned; the unit weighs almost 300 pounds.  You'll need a truck and some strong friends.
Pace,
dave
I think my dryer has access to the 220v mains, there is a 4 pronged plug, is this right?[/quote]

If you have a four-prong plug for the dryer, you have 220V available there

Peace,
dave[/quote]
What would be the way it would need to be connected? Thanks

daguin

[ch12290 said:
][quote author=daguin link=1232778895/0#15 date=1232848712]
What would be the way it would need to be connected? Thanks

Look at the threads both I and FrothyChimp have posted. The PSU plugs into the wall. You may have to get an adapter or change the plug to match your socket (there are several types of 220V plugs), but it should just plug in beside the potential plug-style issue. The laser plugs into the PSU. It will be plugged in when you get it (if you get it) so you can see how it should be connected. If you get this, I will refer you to SAM's Laser FAQ for much of the info about gas lasers. You will still need to get (or build) a remote interface for it (or just run it in idle mode -- not as much fun). There is different stuff to learn in the area of gas lasers compared to diode lasers. Your first gas laser brings you into a new world ;)

Peace,
dave

Thanks for the info, I might get one when I can drive (2 yrs if I'm lucky) :p
Hope these things are outdated and sold for cheap in that time :D

Razako

Strangely the shipping to me is only US $24.91 via UPS ground. I might try to get this if the bids don't get unreasonable.

Coherent said:
Strangely the shipping to me is only US $24.91 via UPS ground.  I might try to get this if the bids don't get unreasonable.
Don't actually expect shipping to be cheap for this!

There's no way they'll be able to honor that shipping price. Either the shipping calculator is broken or the seller did not correctly state the size/weight of the item. I've watched a few of these go by and shipping is more like $300 than $30. So anyone who can go get it has a serious advantage. Hence the title of this thread. ;)

cheers,
kernelpanic

Yeah... I was thinking the same thing.... there must be something wrong
with the shipping costs.... How can they ship 300 pounds to Canada for
$48.61 US.... :-? :-?

Jerry

^They can't. Go try and plug the 300 pound weight into the UPS Ground shipping calculator on UPS.com, it won't even let you because the heaviest you can ship via ground is 150 pounds. Just for estimation, even shipping 150 lbs via UPS ground increases the price by a factor of 5 over what the ebay listing says for shipping to me.

Just for grins and giggles, shipping 300 lbs via freight was at minimum (depending on if they have a loading dock for pickup and such) 10 times more expensive than what ebay gives for shipping to me (still in California).

So it won't be that cheap, their shipping cost calculator is broken.