LPF Site Supporter
- Jan 29, 2014
Laser Test Technician
Company NameCoherent Inc. Company Location Santa Clara, CAPosted DatePosted 5 days ago Number of applicantsBe among the first 25 applicants
Job Description And Responsibilities
Coherent is a world leader of lasers and laser-based technology for materials processing, microelectronics, scientific, life sciences and medical customers. The light we deliver touches almost every aspect of human life—vision correction to cell analysis, precision welding to 3-D metal printing, gravity wave detection to brain research. Put your talents to work at Coherent where you can create and innovate enabling technologies that will push the frontiers of science and technology.
We are currently seeking a Laser Technician who will be responsible for manufacturing ultrafast lasers which includes the following responsibilities:
- Assemble mechanical, optical and electrical components of the system, align optics, and perform system tests.
- Build complicated optical, mechanical and electronics sub-assemblies following written procedures and instructions.
- Assemble and align optical systems to defined specifications.
- Test the laser at system level.
- Maintain product data sheets and system test records.
- Regularly update engineers and supervisors of all progress, issues and concerns related to the manufacturing process and specific system builds.
- Ensure laser and electrical safety standards are met at all times. Comply with all safety policies.
- AS Degree in Electronics or Engineering degree, Laser/Electro-optics Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of hands-on experience with laser systems, optics, and opto-mechanics is preferred.
- Knowledge of ultrafast lasers.
- Knowledge of laser system technology and laser cavity alignment.
- Experience in working with test instruments: DMM, oscilloscopes, analyzers, pulse and function generators, power supplies, etc.
- Computer skills: using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), operating written LabView programs.
- Ability to read detailed wiring diagrams.
- Excellent spoken and written English. Good communication skills.
- Good record keeping skills, organized, dependable.
- Flexible and adaptable to new technological environment and new ideas.
- Knowledgeable of laser safety and standards, and safety practices in general.
Seniority LevelEntry level
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Computer Software
- Mechanical Or Industrial Engineering