Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone hear of a company called Extreme Lasers

Huck50

Curious as to why this Houston,Texas based company Extreme Lasers has not been mentioned here much? I just found it and I am interested in their Professional Grade 5mW green laser pointer for $269.00. Anyone buy from this company and if so,have any comments,good or bad?? Thanks,Huck50

Last edited:

Curious as to why this Houston,Texas based company Extreme Lasers has not been mentioned here much? I just found it and I am interested in their Professional Grade 5mW green laser pointer for $269.00. Anyone buy from this company? Thanks,Huck50

That was kinda selling a bicycle with a BMW price tag :D

Huck50

Is says on their web-site that the use Sony diodes in their pointers....is that a 'good' thing? What diodes are used in the cheap $15 E-pay pointers? Thanks,Huck50

Is says on their web-site that the use Sony diodes in their pointers....is that a 'good' thing? What diodes are used in the cheap $15 E-pay pointers? Thanks,Huck50

By E-Pay, I suppose you mean eBay. The diodes used are mass-produced low quality diodes, very inexpensive but very unstable.

Huck50

By E-Pay, I suppose you mean eBay. The diodes used are mass-produced low quality diodes, very inexpensive but very unstable.
Yeah....I meant E-Bay! So the Sony diodes are a 'good' thing,maybe that's part of why their lasers are so expensive,at least the 5mW one I am looking at?!
Thanks,Huck50

Yeah....I meant E-Bay! So the Sony diodes are a 'good' thing,maybe that's part of why their lasers are so expensive,at least the 5mW one I am looking at?!
Thanks,Huck50

Sadly, for a lot of these companies you pay for the name. There are 4$ 5mW lasers out there, as there are 60$ ones... just depends where you go and if you care about ''quality'', which seems to be questionable with these 5mW laser pens. Just how much quality can you stick into a small pen?

Last edited:
Ya...the bicycle was handmade by previous world champion and it was platinum made. Hence, it was worth the price tag of a new BMW M5.
:crackup:

Ya...the bicycle was handmade by previous world champion and it was platinum made. Hence, it was worth the price tag of a new BMW M5.
:crackup:

Again, that's a personal opinion. It's ''non-material value'' is overrated.

But guys, the 5mW output power is "precision tuned" and the crystal efficiency -- for a 5mW laser no less -- has superior efficiency! Amazingly enough they manage to do this in the exact same pen host as their cheaper variants!

It might be worth that price if it's constructed from the one true cross. No... not even then.

But guys, the 5mW output power is "precision tuned" and the crystal efficiency -- for a 5mW laser no less -- has superior efficiency! Amazingly enough they manage to do this in the exact same pen host as their cheaper variants!

It might be worth that price if it's constructed from the one true cross. No... not even then.

Precision tuned... Jeez, in that case I'll buy a box full of ebay lasers for 4$ each and 'precision-tune' them for 3000% profit :p

So uhm, if anyone is interested, I have some "precision tuned" pointers. $100 a piece.

That's a whopping 50% off!

Precision tuned... Jeez, in that case I'll buy a box full of ebay lasers for 4$ each and 'precision-tune' them for 3000% profit :p

Nice one.

If can, try to print out some certificate with it, to further strengthening its value.