Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone have experience in android app development

Hey guys,

I'm trying to work with processing as the IDE, but I keep getting build.xml errors. Has anyone successfully used processing and the SDK pack together?

-Adrian

@bob try doing a search on XDA forums there is a buch of Linux guru's there.

Things

Let me know how you go with the whole android app thing bobhaha, I was hoping to one day write a simple app that would send network messages to my laser cutter DSP, so I could have jog control from my phone. Would make alignment a breeze :)

Actually I resorted to working with eclipse... which isn't my preferred IDE, but its working. The problem now is I need to learn how to use it... plus brush up on XML.

In any case... It seems a lot easier to setup and get going in eclipse, as well as offer a lot more options for the future. The problem with processing and android dev seems to happen when one or the other gets updated, its not compatible with each other till the next version is ready. This means I have to downgrade in order to make them work together... which ultimately means less features and less stable platform. So I opted for eclipse and am getting good results.

-Adrian

Things

Yeah, I played in eclipse a bit when I was trying to make a minecraft plugin. Gave up at the point where you start the program :D

I've just got to learn how to connect java side programming with the XML layout. It seems to be quite a retarded process....