Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

anyone has purchased in this store

i'm sure you know this but i'll say it for the sake of safety... ir is invisible so it makes that laser much more dangerous than a visible one.

michael.

Hi chipdouglas, yes, i know, thank you for remembering.

by the few responses I guess nobody likes this type of laser :yabbem:

Thanks anyway.

Its not that people dont like IR, its the safety factor. Lasers are dangerous enough when you can see the beam. IR doesnt have a beam, only a faint dark red spot. You'll need a good pair of goggles for protection. For a first laser we recommend a lower powered, visible beam.

If you really want IR, then O-Like is a better solution. And at that power you want quality goggles from Laser Eye Protection.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Tech_Junkie for your suggestions, I'll keep that in mind, sure.

I have already bought in o-like, but the problem is they are very slow to ship the product, but I trust you when you advise me to buy here.

I am aware of the danger of this laser, and of course with a good pair
goggles for protection.

Not that I prefer this type of laser in particular, what happens is that output power and price has a very good relationship (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks, Juan.

jakeGT

Yes, IR is just a cheaper technology for us hobbiests. You can get a 2W IR for the price of a 100-200mW green. It's price/power is a good ratio.

I am assuming though that you just want to burn stuff, since with IR there is no beam like TJ said, just a faint dot.

If you actually want to point, or have a beam, go with a cheap 100mW greenie, you'll be amazed by it

Hi jake GT, yes you’re right this IR laser is just for burn stuff :eg:, for fun :crackup: but with security, that it is clear.

Thank you for confirming that the IR technology is cheaper.

To see a light beam in a long distance I have a green laser off 300mw approximately, and is amazing.

Also I have a red one 250MW, this obviously is not the same as the green in distance, but is fun also.

Thanks, Juan.

Honestly a Blu-Ray is a better alternative for burning. They burn a wide variety of materials, they make things fluoresce, and you can see the beam, and dot. For the same price as that IR laser, you can get a decent Blu-Ray laser. Portable too.

Thank you very much Tech_Junkie for your advice, this is recorded in my brain :rolleyes:

One question, only the 405nm Laser can be considered as blu-ray, or we can consider the 445nm as a blu-ray too?

No, only 405nm is Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is the name of the 405nm technology. 445nm comes from a media projector. You could go for 445nm too, its more money, but you can get lasers up to 1.8Ws in power. It will have a more visible beam than the 405nm too. I still like 405nm better, but thats my opinion.

jakeGT

I LOVE 405, the ONLY thing I have a problem with it is it's visibility. But that is very easily cured by a incense, or some cheap homemade fog.

Thank you very much, you're very kind. :thanks:

Also I bought the nice 445nm Laser Package (looks great), to Gary, and I hope to come soon to play with.

Sounds good, jakeGT :yh:

Any suggestions for a good and powerful 405nm laser pointer to burn with it?

Or do you think is sufficient with the Gary Pointer? :thinking: