Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any Use Of IR Diodes Extracted From DVD Writers ?

mehra

Can someone please guide me about the IR diodes that I have extracted along with Red LDs from DVD writers ?? I have used up all the LDs but all the IRs are still lying unused. Any idea ? Udaimonium ? Bionic Badger ? Plz help me.:yabbem:

mehra

ok friends. 49 views and not a single suggestion. but finally i made a ir laser today. very well burning black plastic and brown matches. will try to upload video also.

I had a bunch of them lying around, and some day I took six of them (780nm 100ma) into its respective aixiz modules but without lenses and built a 3AAA IR flashlight for night vision shots. With the lenses on, it was a paint to align them all; so I simply took the lenses off. I ended giving it away to a friend.

mehra

I had a bunch of them lying around, and some day I took six of them (780nm 100ma) into its respective aixiz modules but without lenses and built a 3AAA IR flashlight for night vision shots. With the lenses on, it was a paint to align them all; so I simply took the lenses off. I ended giving it away to a friend.

good idea :yh: