Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any one have experience(s) with these sites?

These don't look legit to me, some of the lasers maybe, but not all. Many look like they come from the same place that ==LAZERER== Laser Pointer in Green, Red, Blue with Real Genius Granteed Power for Sale gets some of theirs from. I saw on the site you linked to 5 Watt blue handhelds advertised. This is absurd. I assume one would need at least 3 diodes combined to achieve such power, I haven't seen it. the most powerful blues I have seen were made by members of this forum, using multiple diodes and massive heat sinks, even these don't achieve much over 3 Watts

anyway, for cheap lasers with output matching advertising, go to Lazerer.com that's not to say every laser from them will be quality, so do research on the model you are interested in. This forum has probably the largest amount of laser related knowledge in the world, all within a few clicks, or a few laser related words typed into the search bar.

Lasers are very dangerous. many don't appreciate just how powerful they are. I meet many who don't even believe a laser could cause a burn, until I prove them wrong. Some even insist I demonstrate on their palm, which I do after ensuring everyone's eye safety, and issuing a disclaimer to the person wishing to be burned. Didn't these people ever play with a magnifying glass as a kid? I guess not. As a laser owner, consider yourself a representative of the laser community. your actions reflect on the rest of us, and we don't like to be associated with irresponsibility. Keep this in mind

Edit: I see some multi-diode handhelds have achieved 5 Watts or higher. still, these are massive and complex, not to mention expensive to make. Certainly no company I know of sells them.

Last edited:
Im interested in lazerer's 445nm 500mw cyber but I heard most of them are driven too hard and you have to stick to a very very strict duty cycle. Can't find other reliable sites or member built .5W blues :(

Last edited:
There is a member of this forum known as Blord. Contact him. He will likely make sure you understand responsibility and safety issues first, but he will make better lasers for less that just about anything else you could find. He may also want to know if you are at least 18 years old. Right now I have him building me 3, though no 445nm right now. I don't know if he could make a 500mW 445nm, but I am willing to bet he could. He could certainly do a 1 Watt 445. He may require a deposit, I payed only 50 for three lasers, but he is a most trusted member here

Last edited:
Ok, here's the deal. ALL of those sites are going to sell crap lasers that are poorly built, and in no way will reflect the advertised outputs.

If you want something fun for your first laser, and you don't want to build, you might enjoy spending less on one of their low-powered lasers, but expect it to die quickly...be it diodes, drivers, or switches, something will break quickly.

I suggest slowing down, greatly. Do your homework. Use the search function. A great way to go for your first laser is to buy a JAD or Just Add Diode kit from one of the members. Pick out a diode or driver kit from a member, or a site like SurvivalLasers. Then, just pop it in, and enjoy your well build, well driven laser with safety and security.

Good luck and protect your damned eyes!

Ok, here's the deal. ALL of those sites are going to sell crap lasers that are poorly built, and in noreflect the advertised outputs.

If you want something fun for your first laser, and you don't want tod, you might enjoy spending less on one of their low-powered lasers, but expect it to die quickly...be it diodes, drivers, or switches, something will break quickly.

I suggest slowing down, greatly. Do your homework. Use the search function. A great way to go for your first laser is to buy a JAD or Just Add Diode kit from one of the members. Pick out a diode or driver kit from a member, or a site like SurvivalLasers. Then, just pop it in, and enjoy your well build, well driven laser with safety and security.

Good luck and protect your damned eyes!

This isn't my first laser... Not my first high powered laser either.I consider myself as a newbie who has done his homework. I dont wanna build a laser yet and im not 100% sure how to

There is a member of this forum known as Blord. Contact him. He will likely make sure you understand responsibility and safety issues first, but he will make better lasers for less that just about anything else you could find. He may also want to know if you are at least 18 years old. Right now I have him building me 3, though no 445nm right now. I don't know if he could make a 500mW 445nm, but I am willing to bet he could. He could certainly do a 1 Watt 445. He may require a deposit, I payed only 50 for three lasers, but he is a most trusted member here

Ok thanks, will do so when I have time.

Excuse my presumption. It was only my intention to help. By all means, if you're not ready to build your own laser or even up to a JAD kit, then feel free to order a cheap, Chinese laser. You can even find domestic companies to buy from if you search the forum.

Never heard of a Just add diode kit till now. I imagine a pre-assembled module/driver could be incredibly easy to screw into a host, if it was designed as such, like a spartan from DL

Again, a quick use of the search bar at the top of every page will yield amazing results...

Well I can't search for what I never heard of:thinking:
I have looked at many many threads too.
Thanks though. I really like your username btw. It seems there are more non-believing laser enthusiasts than believing ones. Probably for the same reason as any field of advanced technology;)

Indeed, the implication being that now that I've informed you of JAD kits, you can now search for them. Thanks for the compliment.

Believing or not is not something I am getting into here in the forum. I don't want to offend any other members.

For sure for sure. Some people are easier to offend than others, but you are right, not a discussion for here. mea culpa