Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any interest in a DL 589?

Going through some tough times now and I may have to get rid of some lasers. I have a functioning 589 that I have not metered but based on it's luminescent qualities I'd say it's safely above the 35mw mark easy. Pictures are possible. It was bought in a group.buy several years ago and I was pleased with the unit I received. Very bright, good divergence, and pretty stable considering the wavelength. Host in perfect condition still has warning sticker even. If anyone wants tell me what it may be worth and maybe we can work out a deal.!

Really need to see some photos of it working and a LPM measurement if you can. There are too many variables in used DPSS lasers. You have it listed as 50 mW in your sig. I'm assuming that was new. Do you recall the exact age of the laser?

Really need to see some photos of it working and a LPM measurement if you can. There are too many variables in used DPSS lasers. You have it listed as 50 mW in your sig. I'm assuming that was new. Do you recall the exact age of the laser?

Good to see you back Xirrious, even if it's only to sell off some of your collection. As Paul mentioned, a few pictures would at least be the minimal requirements to have people interested and get a good look at the item. Regarding LPM'ing it, if you don't own an LPM, simply create a thread in the "General" section asking if anyone would like to do it for you by shipping it to them. :yh:

-Alex

Last edited:
I'll get some lpm photos asap. May have jumped the gun posting without. It's about 3 years old now I'd say, but run conservatively for a total that comes out to less than an hour combined run time, and kept in storage case for it's life. When I got it as part of a group buy the general consensus was I was lucky to receive and above average powered unit. Listed as 50mw because I had no reason to doubt that it was very close to that or above after testing it out.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Xirrious, Paul is right pictures are needed, and a LPM reading if at all possible. An initial asking price will also really help with interested potential buyers; if you're not sure what to ask, maybe take a percentage of what you paid with an eye on what they sell for now.
You can always adjust the price if you need to.

Good luck with your 589nm sale, it's beautiful wavelength, sorry to hear of your hard times, hope things get better soon. :)

Eracoy

Full disclosure on the 589 I bought from Hap a year ago. I paid about $300 for it, and still felt I got a great deal. I think that anyone looking at this should realize what an unusual and precise device this is. I hope yours sells well. I know the one I have is certainly worth just about whatever it was sold for because of its rarity.

I recall paying around 400-450 new. I'll get photos this week of the host and lpm. I'd really like to see 400 for it as it's harder to get these days and this unit is above average. Best beam I have for all my lasers. It is unstable outside a certain temperature range but works awesomely once it's warmed up. This is typcial for this wavelength. If I'm not.mistaken it's double dpss
As in one diode is pumped to produce the correct WL for the second diode to be pumped with. However I would accept less if I am asking too much. My thought process that leads to that price involves the fact you'll get a proven unit in mint condition. Far more trustworthy and quick than trying to order from over seas and less hassle. Apologies for any typo I'm using my phone. I'll keep this thread updated and get pics asap!

Eracoy

These are a tricky process for producing the yellow photons indeed. Being such a sleek and tough unit too makes it one of my favorites. I think that 400 is certainly not unreasonable, especially for the proven-and-quick aspect. Good luck with the sale! If I didn't already have one of these gorgeous units, I'd buy this myself :D

Bonus picture of the gorgeous gold for customers:

fuLNpXWl.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

WOW man LOOOONG time no see Sorry to here Your on tough times. Maybe I can Help with the LPM if you need if you can make it to me or ship it. I would be more than willing to have it bounce through me If you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nexgen

I’m interested! Maybe you saw my thread about my recent issue with DL, waiting for LPM test.

However my Broken DL is on its way back to China, if I will be statisfied with LPM test I will PM you :beer:

SOSDD

Never mind, I caught it. Im interested if you don’t already have a buyer

SOSDD

Well if you are still interested you got first shot at it if he comes back so I will stop checking this thread.

Good luck!

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Agreed, it would be nice to know if this is still for sale or not, and xirrious hasn't been on since 11/25, so maybe he's worked through his tough times, and he's keeping it for now? :thinking:

Good luck to either of you guys, if you do end up getting this; it's a beautiful wavelength. :yh:

Last edited: