Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anti-whalers use Lasers

Associated Press: Anti-Whaling Activists Target Japanese Whaler In Antarctic - Green - Air America

Interesting use of lasers, using them to flash blind the crew members of a whaling ship. International waters too, so it isn't illegal. I'm just hoping the laser is defocused enough not to cause any serious damage, otherwise lasers could take some rap...

Where did you read that...
I just read the whole thing you linked to and can't find where it says
using a Laser to flash blind the crew was legal.....:thinking:

Did i miss something...:thinking:

Jerry

What I meant was possession of lasers is okay, lol. Not that blinding is okay :p

LOL

Anyone see the South Park episode on this subject? Epic. :D "Good job son, now they are normal like us."

drivinfast, also can't believe they landed that boat! Very very nice.

Honestly, I just watched the show for the first time recently and one of the question that popped into my mind was, when are they going to start blasting photons..:thinking:

HIMNL9

Uhm, I don't support whales hunting, but i may be preoccupied about another thing, in this case .....

How can i say it .....

"No, mr Judge, i have not shooted intentionally that explosive harpoon in the boat of the activists ..... i was aiming at the whale, when a bright flash from somewhere blinded me in the exact moment that i was firing, so i don't know where the shoot is gone ....."

Just one example ..... :p :eg: