Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Wicked Lasers Victim!

things said:
they don't???? :eek: :eek: :eek: man how the hell do they last???what if you put lithiums in it? ;D

They go fizzle, fizzle, cough, fart, smoke, no worky, $200 down the drain !! ;D ;D

Vegeta

You should have considered trying it at least. I don't think Pulsars have a high failure rate and they do have one of the best cases for a laser around. (By the way I have my Pulsar 100mW for sale along with safety goggles and wicked caps set).

How come you are selling yours Vegeta? I really don't have the cash lying around to "try" something that I have read lot's of bad press about. Yeah, it's my fault for not doing the proper research, I admit that. But on the other hand, I did do a lot of research on their site and what I thought was a neutral forum but turns out to be operated they them so I kind of feel like I was misled. My next step is to build a nice laser from DVD burner diodes. I found the thread on that topic and downloaded the videos to watch. Just so happens, I have a few spare burners lying around. We shall see what I can come up with.

LarryQ

Morepower said:
[quote author=things link=1190126030/15#15 date=1190182311]they don't???? :eek: :eek: :eek: man how the hell do they last???what if you put lithiums in it? ;D

They go fizzle, fizzle, cough, fart, smoke, no worky, $200 down the drain !! ;D ;D
[/quote]

HAHAHAHA....Now THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

That one made my day!!!

Larry

Just a quick update... I got my Wicked Lasers tracking number this morning. See here: H679 0230 405. It says: CN 09/19/2007 10:15 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED So I was right, they were lying to me about it being already shipped. I called UPS (yeah, it is actually UPS) and told them I plan on rejecting the package, and they said that was fine that they would send a note to have it returned. Let's see what happens next. Oh, and I'm going nuts waiting on my X105 to arrive. I kinda think I should have used the TNT shiping option.

S

SenKat

jasturbo02 said:
How come you are selling yours Vegeta? I really don't have the cash lying around to "try" something that I have read lot's of bad press about. Yeah, it's my fault for not doing the proper research, I admit that. But on the other hand, I did do a lot of research on their site and what I thought was a neutral forum but turns out to be operated they them so I kind of feel like I was misled. My next step is to build a nice laser from DVD burner diodes. I found the thread on that topic and downloaded the videos to watch. Just so happens, I have a few spare burners lying around. We shall see what I can come up with.

IF you take your time, and do lots of reading...you CAN and WILL be successful in getting a burning red laser built out - MUSH better than anything that Wicked offers...not to mention the borderline orgasmic bliss that washes over you upon building your first successful unit :) Suuuuuuure, giggle away...but all of you that have built one know EXACTLY what I am talking about ! :D

I'm going to attempt it when I get a few parts I need. Man, I have been doing nothing but reading this forum for days! I'm so hooked I can't stop reading! I gotta admit though, I'm a little scared about this X105 and eye protection. I've been playing with piddley little reds for many years, and have always been very careful, but I'm nervous about this X105. I'm going to have to be very very careful with this. I didn't get any goggles, but I plan to. I also worry about my family because I know they will want to observe some of my experiments and I definitly can't afford 4 pairs of goggles! Is there any other sunglasses or shield material that would offer some form of saftey in the 532nm range?

Gazoo

Take it outside at night and point it towards a tree or building...there will be no harm to your family. The walls inside of my home are painted with a flat white and while I can look at the dot it is very bright. You will need the goggles for close up experimentation. There is no cheap way...don't even go there...just shield off the part that you are worried about if possible or take turns. Also I do highly recommend the wicked laser shades for both the green and red lasers.. :)

Update... UPS just showed up with the package and I rejected it. That was fast shipping, I'll give them that. Now let's see what my visa company does with it. They havn't been know to be the best at working to get our money back when issues arise.

sc_bond said:
For a start, it isn't even UPS! I hate how Wicked Lasers and Chinese people think all couriers are called UPS! They ship by EMS. Once it arrives you can just return it once you have the RMA or you can refuse to sign for the item and it will be returned, it may take longer but that way it's free!

T_T im a chinese person too well more like a banana Australian born chinese... more mateeeee than lahhhhhh

Congrats on your NOVA purchase m8! :D
It's good that you rejected that package, WL doesn't make good lasers anyways, they should have sticked with CNI, but now it's too late. I have an Exec classic, 2 weeks old, and the paint is starting to wear off already..

YAY! It came today! What an awesome laser! Specs say 121.4 peak and 118.6 avg ouput power. They also sent the tunnel diffraction grating for free. This thing is bright! First thing I did was pop a black baloon I had waiting! ok I'm officially hooked now! Now I need my goggles to hurry up and come in. Very impressed with NOVA, very impressed. And thanks to you all who helped educate me in making the right decision!

LarryQ

Nice Specs!!!!!

It sure is easy to like Nova when they do buisess the way they do!!!

Larry

Gazoo

jasturbo02,

You have about 1 more milliwatt output than me.. :'( Ha..ha...but glad you received it and are enjoying your new Nova. Nova rocks.. ;) When it gets dark you will really be enjoying it.

Last night outside was awesome. This laser put on a show better than fireworks. I didn't spend too much time outside because I was scared someone would call the cops it was so bright! Well worth the wait! My eyes did hurt a bit last night which kinda scared me, so I'm not gonna play too much more until my goggles come in from Nova. It's very easy to be overcome by the awe and power and forget saftey with these things. If there's a point I can stress to any newcomers, is to buy the goggles and remember saftey when you first get your toy. Don't be an idiot like I was when I got mine. I exposed my eyes to way too much laser light yesterday.