Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Pyro Joining the Forum!

TORCH

Call me TORCH, since pretty much everyone I know does. I'm excessively obsessed with anything that burns, explodes, and creates fire. Now I may not be completely well versed when it comes to all electronics, but know enough.

I am mainly known for my knowledge in the automotive custom fabrication and fireworks/explosives fields. I have always been interested in lasers ever since I bought my first red laser pointer back when I was in 8th grade for around $50. I'm 24 now.

Now my friends and I stumbled across the "burning laser" videos on YouTube, and currently creating a burning laser while under the influence of a great deal of alcohol.

To be honest, I'm very much interested in, but not entirely impressed with the burning lasers. Popping balloons and setting off matches are cool, but I want something much more powerful. I strive to make such a dangerous device.

I have dealt with much more dangerous creations, but look forward to topping current homemade devices with the knowledge I've seen in this forum!

Me and a couple friends are nearly done making our first burning laser using an 18x DVD-RW diode that I pulled apart (planning to return the rest... hehehe)!

Can't wait to make some insanely powerful lasers!

welcome to LPF torch! i hope you enjoy it here :) and you'll certainly find a lot of people (including me) who like to burn things with lasers hehehe... tell us how the laser turns out, i'm still waiting to get the equipment (other than diodes) to make my own :)

welcome mate nice to have another pyro... im pretty poor pyro tho, just thermite and gunpowder type stuff (not at same time :p), nothing really cool. anyway welcome to the forum, read lots and good luck with that laser!

Welcome to the LPF! There are quite a few pyros here, me being one. My favorite pyro thing is probably making smaller Aerial shells. For your massive laser you are gonna want infrared.

tomcat

get in touch with someone that may have a CO2 laser they are the best "burning" lasers avaliable there like 1 meter ( 3.5feet) long run on mains with big powersupply and throw out watts - kilawatts of the perfect burning frequency mid/low infared around 10knm :) go ask around in inafred/UV lasers subforum here for piccies / vids / whos house to go to play with one :p:p

things said:
[quote author=marianne link=1191395538/0#2 date=1191397997] (including me) who like to burn things with lasers
well thanks for that mari, much appreciated! :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;Dj/k[/quote]
shush and hold still, i can't focus the dot on you, things! :p