Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another newcomber :)

mmykle

Hi everyone! I'm knew on these forums, I got here by googleing DIY lasers. Is it possible to make a green laser? Or is that hard to do considering theres no actual diode that can emit 490–560 nm? Anywho... I hope I get to know you all :D

Welcom to the form

Yes it is very hard to build your own green laser.... well maby not very hard but still hard and very time consuming becuas of all the alingments.... and it is way cheeper to just buy a green laser from DX

Welcom again and you will love the form its got tons of information in it

mmykle

DX? I'm not familiar with that supplier. Do you have a URL?
BTW, thanks for replying!

You can go for suff over 50mw its just a gamble my dx200 is doing awsom it keeps up with my Alpha 125... when my alpha was here :( bummer i had to send it off but glad nova is taking care of me .... anways yes dx lasers are a gamble but thats why their so cheep and if you get the dx200 it could last one hour or it could last a long time. mine is going strong for 6months now and probly atleast 200 hours on it. i personaly like the laser its great.

Lorgar

Ive said it before so have may others most DX greens over 50mw are hit or miss sometimes you get lucky other times not so much.
I have a true 30 and a true 50 the 30 is great the 50 has its moments.
But as F22 said you cant beat the price.And you coud get lucky (probly a 75% chance of a good one)
If you just want a green starter laser go for a 30 or lower (30 is a great deal).
If you want something that can light matches or cut black tape without a lens get 100+

mmykle

Im awfully tempted to go straight for the 200mw, but I don't think that would be too wise. :-/ So instead I think I might just get the 30 or 50. What are your thoughts on making DIY blu-ray? The GB has a price set for $25 for the ps3 optics set and the diode housed and wires soldered on for an extra $10! So, in all likelihood I'll get my mom to buy me the blu-ray and my dad to get the green laser for Christmas. Does that sound like a good idea?

Lorgar

The blu is nice but that is only mounted in a focusing module/heat sink you still need a Driver power supply and host to put it in .
As for the green go for the 30mw it is the better deal and a beter chance of getting a good one I know im happy with mine.
Just dont expect to be burning things with it without a lens unless you get real lucky.
My 30 will punch a hole in electrical tape at point blank but not much else at a distance

mmykle

Hm, thats weird. I replied to this a while ago yet it never went through... strange. Anyways, to sum up what I said I was wondering if you could buy a driver instead of make one so you could cram a blu-ray laser into a flashlight. Ive found these but don't know what the specs mean:
w w w (dot) roithner-laser (dot com) /Drivers (dot htm)

mmykle

BTW, I had to skew the link because it said I didn't have rights to put a link in... I'm not sure why though. :-/

thats just to control spammers so they cant put links, you can put links once you have about 15 posts, it might be 10 tho.

Making your own driver is very easy and it requires almost no technical knowhow, if you can look at a picture you can make it only costs about 3 dollors too, just use a 33ohm in place of the resisitor he has to make it suitable for blue ray...heres the driver..http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1185701612

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D