Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another New Member

Hey all. I thought I should post here to introduce myself, and hopefully not ask too many stupid questions.

I'm a full time telecommunications technician, so I work on everything from single line phones, to 500+ user multisite VoIP phone systems. I occasionally have to do a little networking (when I draw the short straw), and can fake my way through almost anything. I used to be a frequent member of Newegg's forum, but they screwed up the layout so bad I can't figure out where to go anymore.

I'm a tinkerer, and I like to see what I can do with almost anything. Two of my coworkers brought in their lasers to show off (both brothers, one has a 1.8w M140 slapped in a flashlight, and the other has a WL Arctic I believe) and pretty much looked at them and thought "I NEED one of those" to myself. I'm not particularly great at electronics, but I can to small soldering when I need to, and eventually I'm sure I'll figure it all out (maybe).

I'm absolutely terrible at talking about myself, so I think I'll stop now :)

upaa27

Welcome to the forum man! We can all hook you up with every single thing to know about lasers here and in no time you will have your friends wanting your build! If you have any questions you can pm me and I will answer as best I can. :beer:

+reputation

Thanks for the warm welcome! I already have my first issue XD

I posted in the help forum, but I'm pretty sure I toasted a diode, but it doesn't really make sense why.

N/P you did good-

I did not do my intro for some time--
then read a thread where the first-time poster wanted all his problems fixed asap -& refused to search on his own and was very ugly about that.

and one said it was rude of him to ask for help w/o as much as a 'howdyhowareyou-thanks fer havin' me'

so i did my intro with a belated thanks to this forum-

Hope you are yours are safe and far from the tornados up that way.

We have some fine members on MO.

and many more for every corner of the globe (almost)
hmm globe- corners- round thus no corners WTW? ha ha
I wonder about that

hak:crackup:

Last edited:
Haha, I definitely don't want to come off as rude. It's odd how you can feel like you're already a part of a forum by reading a lot on it, before you even make an account.

On another note, we find the tornados here it seems, but I'm not too worried, I move to Florida in ~2 months. Then I have to think about hurricanes :undecided:

Lived on the gulf coast for a few years dodged every hurriciane-
we also have some great members in Fl- more than MO. afaik
ANd once or twice a year a LEM hapens close to orlando
search
'FLEM'

its just a one day one night event but heard lots of good comments about it-

I tried to go several times but it has not happened (yet)

SELEM is in two weeks WOOT!! YAY!

my 5th

(and likely last)

SAID THAT LAST YEAR TOO