Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

another first DIY spirograph w/ red, green, bluray

GooeyGus

Re: another first DIY spirograph w/ red, green, bl

sk8er4514 said:
[quote author=Foobario link=1218691225/0#14 date=1218872425][quote author=thesk8nmidget link=1218691225/0#13 date=1218821808]DONT BUY THOSE MIRRORS they are out of stock and no longer have them. they only have the 5 dollar mirrors
Eep, then I wonder what they put in the box that should arrive here Monday?

I'll report back here when I get the package.[/quote]
yeah, i bought a lot of those and they said they don't offer it anymore...  they gave me a discount on the $5 mirrors though b/c i wanted so many, i bought like 18 for $3.90 each about.

not bad.

i hope to make a few 3 mirror spiros in project boxes and sell them. should be an interesting venture :)

i'm also going to use mine for parties and try and find a automatic pot to switch randomly between different values to change the design, that would be awesome. anyone know how to do that?

-Kendall[/quote]

You can figure out the resistances you need for each motor for the design you want, then create a resistor path with that resistance. Then figure out the resistance for a different pattern you like, set up another resistor path etc etc etc. Finally, put all those paths on a multi-position switch such that when you switch it to a given position, it completes the circuit on the resistance path you want for a given design. Or if you want to get fancy you could do it with a programmable IC :p

Foobario

sk8er4514 said:
i'm also going to use mine for parties and try and find a automatic pot to switch randomly between different values to change the design, that would be awesome. anyone know how to do that?
Digital Potentiometers.

See [link=en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digipot]here[/link], [link=www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SPIDigitalPot]here[/link] , and [link=www.analog.com/en/digital-to-analog-converters/digital-potentiometers/products/index.html]here[/link] for starters.

i can ride my bike with no handlebars! no handlebars!

hahah flobots rock!

sk8er4514

thesk8nmidget said:
i can ride my bike with no handlebars! no handlebars!

hahah flobots rock!
heck yeah :)

edit: he's referring the video I made, it's in the first post.

If u are still wondering of a good way to cut glass, u can take a utility cutter( a box cutter blade inside of a sturdier casing) and score the glass. When the glass is weaker, it should break evenly along the line that was scored.

Foobario

Foobario said:
[quote author=thesk8nmidget link=1218691225/0#13 date=1218821808]DONT BUY THOSE MIRRORS they are out of stock and no longer have them. they only have the 5 dollar mirrors
I'll report back here when I get the package.[/quote]

The mirrors arrived today. They only charged me the original $6 for 10 of the #L1313's, but each of the ten little envelopes contained a single
#L3129D - i.e. the $5US mirrors. I basically got a free $44US discount, and the mirrors appear to be better than the ones I ordered. I'm pretty happy with this purchase.

sk8er4514

awesome! mine shipped a few days ago, should have them pretty soon :)

take some pics foobario!