Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another barrel ;)

A few days ago I put together my barrel with a phasor diode and a 400ma driver from rckstr.

This is an eye candy thread so onwards!

My eyes are stinging from the incense as I type :p

Thanx for looking and wish my diode a long life!

EDIT: That was my 100th post too. Cool!

pocketfluff said:
EDIT: That was my 100th post too. Cool!

Like omg, this is MY 100th post too!

High five!

btw, nice pics. I like how you managed to sneak your toilet into some of those shots. Very professional ;)

Switch

Nice laser right there! ;D At 400mA it must be pushing out a lot of red.
1433rd post for me guys :p

just remember what peter parker's uncle said, "with great power comes great responsibility"
animation_spiderman.gif

Ace82

bobobob121 said:
just remember what peter parker's uncle said, "with great power comes great responsibility"
animation_spiderman.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH ;D ;D ;D

diachi

Nice laser hope it doesnt die on you so you can have plenty of fun :) but why do so many people take pictures of their lasers in their bathrooms ?? ;D

chido

Because most of the time it's the only place that looks nice in one's house (my case) and because it's a darker place so you can see the beam better.

danq

Diachi said:
Nice laser hope it doesnt die on you so you can have plenty of fun :) but why do so many people take pictures of their lasers in their bathrooms ?? ;D
because it's the proper place to remove your barrel from its enclosure?

but for this purpose, I'd suggest the lid down - unless you're about to test water-resistance? or flourescence of various objects?

Kenom

LOL. they claim you can see bodily fluids luminesce but I'd not care to try it in this fashion. I like to shine my laser in the bathroom after Iv'e gotten out of the shower and there is a lot of humidity in the air from the hot water. it's really easy to do and DOESN'T SET OFF THE SMOKE ALARM!!!

Diachi said:
why do so many people take pictures of their lasers in their bathrooms ?? ;D

So the incense and smoke doesnt make my house smell. When I'm done, I can just turn the exhaust fans on.

danq said:
because it's the proper place to remove your barrel from its enclosure?

What do you mean by this?

Kenom said:
I like to shine my laser in the bathroom after Iv'e gotten out of the shower and there is a lot of humidity in the air from the hot water. it's really easy to do and DOESN'T SET OFF THE SMOKE ALARM!!!

I thought of this yesterday. Wouldn't vapour settle on your lens? :-?

danq

VillageIdiot said:
I thought of this yesterday. Wouldn't vapour settle on your lens? :-?
only if it's colder than the steamy bathroom air; not likely for very long.

Kenom said:
LOL.  they claim you can see bodily fluids luminesce but I'd not care to try it in this fashion.  I like to shine my laser in the bathroom after Iv'e gotten out of the shower and there is a lot of humidity in the air from the hot water.  it's really easy to do and DOESN'T SET OFF THE SMOKE ALARM!!!

Are you sure about the smoke alarm thing? I've set off the alarm a few times during long hot showers. My brother has set off the alarm a few times also.