Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

annular solar eclipse

MUCH better is to go to a welding shop or something like Harbor Freight

Get some welder's glass

You could also simply make a pinhole "camera"

Peace,
dave

A Lowes/Home Depot/Rural King/Tractor Supply or any welding shop will have some fixed shade lenses. Anything from a shade 9 to a shade 14 will protect your eyes, you will just have to find the one thats not too dark and not too light for your eyes. The lenses are cheap too. The majority of them have a green tint, but some of the more expensive ones have a gold tint. I don't know which is better for viewing the sun, I just know I like the gold ones for welding.

BTW, If you have an auto-darkening welding helmet, keep in mind that it might not want to stay dark. Some are much more sensitive than others and just don't work with sunlight.

burner

this will be right over where i live in Nevada. There is actually a huge tribal type gathering for this just north of Reno on sacred tribal land. Kinda neat. It hits my area around 7:30pm pst. Im excited for this =)

It was around 29 years ago when I saw a total eclipse.

It was at lunch time a school. Everyone was outside with their little viewing boxes. Not me though, LOL. I had to look bare eyed. It was creepy. There was an odd ambiance to everything, and the animals went totally quiet. It was like we stopped in time. Too bad its quick.