Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Am I Paranoid?

Yeah, but what can they do? I mean, can they arrest you just on the suspicion that lasers are illegal?

-Mark

It's not illegal to own a laser, so they can't do anything about that... And most people (like most of you have stated) don't know anything about lasers. So how is the chance higher that the police do? They can't take it away from you, just because it's a different color. I wouldn't go shining it around in public, but if they do take it from you, you have good reason to argue, and you might have to take them to court. :eek:

Fotons

I have never had a problem pointing my 50mw nova around and the cops saw me doing it and paid no attention and I know they saw it! ;D

jangles said:
...if I'm shining it up in the sky and water towers and the like will the cops show up and if they do can they confiscate my laser? ...

I called the cops in your area and they said they know all about you shining your laser at the water towers.
They said they're gonna come for you right after they solve all the murders, rapes and robberies and stuff.

...-Yes, you are being paranoid. Don't shine it at aircraft, people or cops and you'll be fine.

Where I am, any laser over 1mW is classed as a weapon.  :D

Kids(20yo's) were shining their lasers at planes during take off. Forced the gov to do it.

I would get into big trouble being caught with mine. ;D

Dave

I dont think its illegal in the UK to HAVE one.

I know someone who is a cop and I showed my 45mW green ebayser to him, He said it was cool and wasent that botherd!