Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Am i being ripped off?

Alrght so i went to this site called lazerpoint.com and i am buying 2 lasers. A 100mw for only 16$ and a 50 mw for only 12$ they both have reviews and both have 5 stars. Is this real or no?

I believe we were talking about this site not too long ago. I haven't ordered anything off of here but some things look pretty nice and others are just ridiculous (1000mw of 450, 500mw Greenie for $1100). But yea chances are it's not gonna be a 100mw when you get it, I got a 100mw pointer from a guy here who sells the chinese JD lasers a little while ago for like 30 bucks and compared it to a verified 35mw green and the verified 35mw was a little bit brighter than the one that claimed to be 100mw.

Last edited:

rhd

(...) they have a ripoff copy of the Rifle Series hosts that lazerer sells (which in itself is a ripoff of the Arctic).

That's sort of not a fair comment.

Lazerer.com doesn't build their own lasers. In fact, they don't even design their own lasers. They have no connection to the physical construction or planning of what they sell. They simply sell the same generic lasers that come from the same sources that all the other sites sell from.

Lazerer.com may do some other value-added stuff like test the true output power, and provide better customer service. That's what makes them more of a favorite for some of the members here on LPF. But the laser you're calling the "Rifle" is no more Lazerer's design, than it is anyone else's who sells it.

Lazerer adds a creative name, but they're selling the same product that everyone else buys. If Walmart and BestBuy both buy the same generic MP3 player from a distributor in China, and give it their own creative name, it's not correct or fair to say that one was a ripoff of the other.

They are selling 200mw green units for $30 which is less than half the price of just a module.
Kind of like laserpointerpro. I got a 250 green for $38.
It measured 50.

That's sort of not a fair comment.

Lazerer.com doesn't build their own lasers. In fact, they don't even design their own lasers. They have no connection to the physical construction or planning of what they sell. They simply sell the same generic lasers that come from the same sources that all the other sites sell from.

Lazerer.com may do some other value-added stuff like test the true output power, and provide better customer service. That's what makes them more of a favorite for some of the members here on LPF. But the laser you're calling the "Rifle" is no more Lazerer's design, than it is anyone else's who sells it.

Lazerer adds a creative name, but they're selling the same product that everyone else buys. If Walmart and BestBuy both buy the same generic MP3 player from a distributor in China, and give it their own creative name, it's not correct or fair to say that one was a ripoff of the other.

You've got quite a point. Removed from my comments.