Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Alpha or X-series?

I will be purchasing from Nova Lasers soon and im still debating between the x-series and the alpha.

x-series, ive heard people having some trouble with a screw that pops loose in the lens of the alphas. Also, the x-series seem to be much more stable than the alphas, but that is just from what ive seen around here. Plus u can save the difference in price from the x-series to alpha and put it towards your next laser! haha
good luck

-Dough

ok thanks i think i will go for the x-series.

but for the batteries should i go with rechargable AAA or just normal energizer/duracell

u can get a decent set of energizer rechargables to save money, but always have some lithiums on hand for the extra WOW factor :cool:

-Dough

haha ill keep in mind the WOW factor thanks
and for the rechargables should i go 2300 or 2500 or 2650 mAh?

higher mAh rating the longer your laser will last on a single charge, but i've never seen rechargable AAA batteries with a capacity that high - where did you see them?

I went with the alpha and its a great laser i love it way more then my pen stile dx laser it just feels like a ..... well its a feeling hard to describ but its a great one and i have the alpha 125 it averaged 130.5mw but it is off for repairs right now becaus of a switch problem... if i were you i would go with the alpha like i did one the shutter blocks out dust so you will never have to clean it. two it takes aa instead of aaa equaling longer run time. three it has safety features so you dont acidently blinde sombody like i nearly did my self getting my dx out of the case. and 4 it feels so much better than a pen stile laser and has 2x the run time : ) theri are 2 reviews of the alphas up one by me and another by sankat and they bolht say that the alpha is an awsom laser : )

also the only reason i was dissapointed at first is becaus my cheep 2300mah energezier were crappy battries and were 5 years old so they didnt hold much charge making the thing look extreamly dim but when i put thos durcell 2650mah battries man is this thing bring and a good burner to : ) anyway that just the laser i would go with but if you get from nova you will be happy either way : ).

DoughDTD said:
x-series, ive heard people having some trouble with a screw that pops loose in the lens of the alphas.  ...

I beleave only one person has had that happen on here and he was upgrade from an alpha 105 to a monster alpha 125 for his slight inconvience. mine had arrived fine and was twisted many times : )