Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

All the stuff your local police confiscated from you.

Here in the US the case law is very very conflicting about average citizens recording stuff. People have been arrested for recording conversations with auto dealership/repair staff/contractors, one court ruled that video recording the police is OK, but audio recording is a wiretapping.

You can secretly record your kids, but not your spouse. A school was using school supplied laptop to monitor student secretly at home, which is illegal but the school was let off with a warning.

The guy posting the horror story about how the local city had a vendetta against him - it is not really that far fetched. It happens a lot in small towns, especially if the town as an entrenched political establishment.

One guy moved into a small 'burb outside of LA and tried to run for town council. His property was condemned, and all his utilities where disconnected a few days later. We have some towns around here where the city governments are taken over by organized crime families (see Bell, CA). In Compton, CA in the 90's if you called the police about gang members - the police would report YOU to the gang members.

You can find tons of horror stories from people who live areas with restrictive covenants on the property deeds - places where you can not own a pick-up, or have a dog that weighs over 20 lbs (and they really do check..).

@AUTO XX & Borgqueenx : Yes i went to the police station last week for interogation,... The police officer asked me what my intentions where with the laser, i told them that my intentions where definitively not to disrupt the order and that i was using the laser that night in a safe and responsible way. I also told this police dude that i was using it just for a few seconds,. on a few locations in a safe way. I also told this police officer that i gave a demo to the people that did the projection, the projection people even filmed it with there camera,... So i told this police officer to check with the projection people so that they can confirm my story. I also told this police dude that i saw someone shining with a green laser when i was using my blue laser,. I also told the police officer that i worked with projections and lasers in the past and that this is also a hobby for me. He wrote down my story and i had to sign for it,. The police officer did not mention in the paper i had to sign for the story about the projection people and when i left he did not gave me a copy of the papers,. Diplomaticaly speaking, if i don't have a apology and the laser back next week i will fill a complain @ the police station of theft and i will go to a neutral media agency to show them the evidence. I have collected enough proof the last years to make some people of the municipality, werkpleinmercado(CWI,UWV) and police people in eindhoven @ shame. It's not the first time they just judge me for nothing and take sides of the people that are trying to destroy and ruin my life without doing any research. Thanks for the support.

yin-yang.jpg

Last edited:
Where i live i wouldn't trust pounding the the door and people screaming police search warrant. if you have a police scanner and lived in the detroit area you would understand where im coming from.

well keep us up to date nanolaser. if the police is so lazy, corrupt, and filled with cops that try to find a reason to ruinin your day they deserve their asses sued.

Razako

Where i live i wouldn't trust pounding the the door and people screaming police search warrant. if you have a police scanner and lived in the detroit area you would understand where im coming from.
Seriously lol. Lots of criminals are catching on now and will scream "Police" and stuff when they break in. Some even wear fake cop outfits.

Early morning raids=epic fail. Why not just apprehend the guy during the day or at least knock on the door before busting it down and shooting all occupants? Oh yeah, the cops couldn't terrorize and butcher people if they did this in the sane and logical way. They probably all had a pizza party afterwards and joked about the whole thing.

Last edited:
You know what is really funny,... Today i recieved a cal from a madame called M. de Vries saying she is from de nationaleombudsman,.. She phoned me this morning and this afternoon about my police complain,.. I find this verry strange because in the past i complained about even more serious matters and they never phoned me 2-4 times in one day,...... :angel: :eg:

yin-yang.jpg

Last edited:

Bogart

So a good friend of mine ran into some trouble with the law a while back, and they came and raided his house and took 3 of his computers for evidence.

Making a long story short, nothing from the computers was ever entered into evidence. He settled the case and went to get his gear back.

They all showed signs of the dumbassery you might expect. Big nasty stickers all over them that were a pain to remove. Bent up and scratched metal side panels. Shipping tape used to hold said panels on (they couldn't seem to figure out the screws, and had installed them in the wrong locations.)

But the most epic of these fails was that in the server machine they had managed to kill the boot drive...by plugging it in backwards!

Yes, the PATA cable and socket is keyed to prevent just this from being done, but they didn't let that stop them.

pata_polarity.jpg

:facepalm:

Fortunately making a new boot drive was no big deal and the [SATA] data drives appear to be OK.

They also pried all of the case fans out of their retainers for some reason, breaking the retainers. (They could have just released the latches...)

^^^In that case, file for an injunction.
Get the "police police" in on the action. Property destruction is illegal for anyone (except customs officials).
In my experience it is usually people that are breaking the law that have this sort of thing happen to them but that doesn't mean the cops are beyond the law themselves.
If I had a terminal illness I already know the gang, prostitution, drug, and police related "cleansing" that would happen.
A pissed off redneck with nothing to lose is truly a force to be reckoned with. :gun:

*edit*
It has to be almost 30 years ago now but the hells angels took over a campsite near here. They flipped over a car, broke a guys arm, terrorized people, you know the usual stuff.
A few guys got together and went up on the hill behind the campsite, they didn't shoot anyone but plinking at the bikes got rid of the bikers pretty quick. They got 15 bikes that were left behind (cops came and got them afterward) and the bikers left in a hell of a hurry. Think about it this way though, you take a farmer that has worked manual labor all his life, hunts, fishes, and knows the land. He is essentially a trained sniper, a trained survival man, knows how to handle a knife (from skinning), has heavy hands, and knows how to use them. I have fought with rednecks before (joking around with friends). They are damn tough and know their strength ^_^

Last edited:
You know what is really funny,... Today i recieved a cal from a madame called M. de Vries saying she is from de nationaleombudsman,.. She phoned me this morning and this afternoon about my police complain,.. I find this verry strange because in the past i complained about even more serious matters and they never phoned me 2-4 times in one day,...... :angel: :eg:

yin-yang.jpg

ah so you took all your evidence and files a complaint?
well it seems someone awakened and want to prevent the shame on that station.

Maybe this will mean no more police hunting you around?

if you really look at a cop(most) they were bullied in school,because they had some defect of a mental kind,short,fat,skinny,mamasboy,i could go on and on . when they become cops guess what happens? (you know)and never had something neat or cool when they were kids.thanks for letting me share:D

I have a few friends who are married or where married to LEOs, and their marriages where all hellish. Lots of jealousy and control issues, mental and physical abuse. Its really hard for abuses cop spouses to get help because... who are they going to call? The Police?

He got his laser back, I hope he got a bit of justice for his trouble though.