Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

All the laser wavelengths

Are there actually people who can't see 808nm? If so, can you tell me anything about them? Color blind? Elderly? Just regular people?

The reason I'm asking is that for the last 4 or 5 months I've been collecting research papers on human ability to see near-infrared, near-uv, x-rays, gamma rays, particle radiation (beta, mesons, cosmic) and anything else that can elicit a visual response (a blow to the head, direct video feed to the brain).

There is a huge variation in human ability to see ultraviolet, strongly correlated to age and total lifetime exposure to uv. For example, most people under 30 can see uv down to 310nm (with some visual acuity) but people older than 50 usually can't.

I've never heard of any such individual variation in the near-ir, especially at such a low wavelength. If you have more info, I would like to know more.

:drool:

I am color blind, and I can see the 808nm off of a pump diode for a 5mW ebay green as long as I am blocking the green with my glasses and I am not outside. Just letting you know.

I am color blind, and I can see the 808nm off of a pump diode for a 5mW ebay green as long as I am blocking the green with my glasses and I am not outside. Just letting you know.

Hehe!

eBay 532nm lasers insides:

5% 532nm
95% 808nm/1064nm

:crackup:

I think everyone can see 808nm. Those who say they can't are just repeating inaccuracies they've read and haven't tried for themselves.

This list is futile. Diodes could be binned to all sorts of different wavelengths. I've had a 650nm diode at 667nm, I've had a 405nm at 417nm and I've had a 520nm at 511nm. They are all over the map and I think you're wasting your time trying to list them all.

Now what would be interesting is a list of wavelengths you can't get by binning diodes and <1000USD DPSS lasers.

Hate to bring up old threads but I think this could be useful information.

Blarg, you could also add this wavelength:

561nm