Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

All possible uses for lasers

lol!!! u gotta find a girl thats into nerds....look on 4chan on /b lots of girls are on there

Yes , I know 4chan /b/. But maybe someone here! I looking after a girl 24-36 years who is intressted in radiation! Someone who stand out with my nuclear physics?

No, it was a joke... I have had girls, but at most some months. They think i'm a nerd! :yh: And yes, I am a proudly one!

Yes , I know 4chan /b/. But maybe someone here! I looking after a girl 24-36 years who is intressted in radiation! Someone who stand out with my nuclear physics?

No, it was a joke... I have had girls, but at most some months. They think i'm a nerd! :yh: And yes, I am a proudly one!

lol thats why i stick with guys >_>
lol try making a hookup thread in the off topic section maybe u will find someone

Gappa

thats the million dollar ? and what everyone asks when I show them my "precious"
"what are you going to do with it" or "what is something like that used for"

thats the million dollar ? and what everyone asks when I show them my "precious"
"what are you going to do with it" or "what is something like that used for"

i just look them in the eye and tell them "electrical engineering light related experiments" makes u look smart and most ppl know too little about electronics to ask any more questions :D

IsaacT

i just look them in the eye and tell them "electrical engineering light related experiments" makes u look smart and most ppl know too little about electronics to ask any more questions :D

/me writing in notebook..... :D

MojoLA

I'm a real nerd! Once a girl left me due to I woulden't f**k her. I said I'm gonna take a cigarette and played with my laser in the smoke. She lied naked on my sofa and wondered what wo gonna do now... I said she could sleep in the sofa, and I went to sleep in my bed...

That not called being a nerd, that's called being stupid!

Here is another practical use for green lasers I happened to find doing a search on Youtube for green laser videos -

Snow plow alignment - there are actual dept of transportation snow plows that use green lasers to line up the plow blade to the edge of the road:

Last edited:
There is fun stuff you can do with green lasers, but always think twice BEFORE trying something to be sure there is no real danger of anyone getting hurt, or you getting in trouble for annoying any strangers with glare or reflections either.

Here are some neat green laser Youtube videos I found online:

This person found a wall made out of glass blocks and the laser lights up each square green block individually as it is pointed on it - it really looks neat:

This person used a 5mw green laser to turn the vanes on a radiometer:

This person shined a laser between 2 mirrors facing each other
(just be VERY careful not to be where it could reflect on you or others by mistake)

Someone shining their green laser at night while it is snowing:

Last edited:

MojoLA

Ah yes but shining the laser at blocks and mirrors and snow isn't really a USE, is it?

My main purpose for having the lasers is my lumia wheel show - I think EVERYONE with a laser should either make or spend $30 to get one. It's the single coolest effect (IMO) you can create.

Pretty much every night when I get home I turn the lights down, put some music on and start the lumia wheel. It easily covers the walls of a house or apartment with an incredible light show and I personally find it very relaxing.

And it's fun to experiment, since so many factors can change the look of the effect - the kind of glass you use, the distance the laser is to the glass, the focus of the beam (I just discovered this week that changing the focus (and therefore the size of the dot hitting the wheel) drastically changes the look of the lumia effect.

Anyway you can totally customize the look to how you like it, and it gives me a "legitimate" reason to buy different lasers!

Still, very high power lasers are a different story. You really don't need more than 10mw of green (maybe 100mw of red) to make a good lumia show (in your house, anyway). Sure, I have a high power green and an Arctic on order because, well, we ALL just want to have at least one monster to show off to our friends and burn things with... but let's face it, they don't really have much of a use.

You can lie to yourself and say it's for personal protection, but a high power laser is a really innefficient way to ward off an attacker, and risky at best - if you don't get him in the eyes well enough to disorient him, the only thing left is to hit them over the head with it!

The fact is, lasers over 100mw start to become a serious injury risk and there is very little legitimate reason to own one.

And "but it's cool" isn't really a good reason.

It's our FAVORITE reason, but we should all be mature enough to admit it's just not a good one :)

Ah yes but shining the laser at blocks and mirrors and snow isn't really a USE, is it?

.......well, you could say that it is being "used" for "entertainment" :pop: :D

I checked out a "lumia wheel" youtube, pretty neat, but I don't know if i could look at it for a really extended period of time. :cool:

It is neat to experiment with different fun things to do with a green laser pointer, as long as we remember to think twice before trying something just to be sure it's safe.

MojoLA

Aside from burning, anything you can do with a green 200mw pointer, you can do with a 20mw pointer. 20mw is plenty bright and MUCH safer. If you're going to "play" with a pointer for fun, at least do it with a low power one and minimize the risk of accidental injury.

There is simply NO reason to play with a high powered pointer! Especially when 99% of it is for visuals.

Aside from burning, anything you can do with a green 200mw pointer, you can do with a 20mw pointer. 20mw is plenty bright and MUCH safer. If you're going to "play" with a pointer for fun, at least do it with a low power one and minimize the risk of accidental injury.

There is simply NO reason to play with a high powered pointer! Especially when 99% of it is for visuals.

I agree, a 200mw pointer is not necessary just for simply doing "fun stuff" (except maybe for burning).

Even a 5mw (since they are usually over-spec) should be good enough for most "fun stuff", and perhaps up to 50mw if extra care is taken.

That is why I caution people to always think twice before trying some fun experimenting just to be sure there is no real risk to anyone. :)