Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

All in one thread for beginning hobbyists

This would be nice for the battery section:
Batteries and chargers

It has detailed reviews and datalogged tests of chargers and batteries and also a very cool battery comparator tool.

Pic1

Awsome collection of information. I'm a noob and time is scarce these days, thus, anything that shortens my time hunting for information is greatly. As I have heard before, "Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes." Every day it feels as if the roll of toilet paper is almost gone try to get everything accomplished that I want to do in the day.

Pic1

What happened to that lasers wiki? Would have been a very good place to add all this info.

GSS

gozert, how about the bad companys out there that buyers should be wary of. Ive gone up and down on this thread and havent seen it mentioned, forgive me if ive missed it

gozert

gozert, how about the bad companys out there that buyers should be wary of. Ive gone up and down on this thread and havent seen it mentioned, forgive me if ive missed it

Yeah I've been thinking about adding that. Thing is, there are quite a few bad companies out there. I'll probably make a small list of it.

There is a thread in the "general" section written by Livinloud which lists all the bad/good companies but it hasen't been updated in awhile ;)

-Alex

GSS

That has to be a challenge though as some bad companys may have been good a some point. Good luck:) Lehap im curious to see how many companies went down hill

Last edited:
That's not a good idea. People disagree on what's a good or a bad company and often it's luck of the draw (even with so-called good companies).

Would be better to just list all companies and link a bunch of good and bad reviews.

gozert

That's not a good idea. People disagree on what's a good or a bad company and often it's luck of the draw (even with so-called good companies).

Would be better to just list all companies and link a bunch of good and bad reviews.

That's what I did with the companies currently listed. But yeah, it probably won't be a good idea to post the bad companies as some people may disagree with it based on their experiences. I'll leave it as it is for now.

I agree. For example, I have bought 4 lasers from O-Like. Although 2 were not in spec, they made good on both items. It took a few emails but eventually sent me new lasers and even let me keep one of the disputed ones. I also think their 400 and 500mW 532 is a very good laser and nobody can match their price on the crown upgrade. I own a 400 mW and it's probably the laser I use the most often. Yes, they have some crap but I bet it's common for some "bad" companies to still have a few great deals and finds.

People on here a feel are pretty quick to label a company bad, or "going down hill" often because of understandable mishaps or shipping problems out of their control. Some people slam a company they have never even bought from or dealt with. For what it's worth, I have had far more negative interactions and dealings with a very liked company, Dragon Lasers, than other so called bad companies like o-like. Everyone has different buying experiences and opinions. But there are some really known liars out there. I'd say any company advertising 10,000mW hand held laser pointers meets that criteria.

Last edited:

GSS

I can see it now, reviews would be a better way to go. olyumposmon your right a good company can give you defective laser as a bad can give a good one once in a" blue moon haha" I started to follow the forum for months before joining not realizing how much has changed from 2009. From customs to companys going under. I had a whole page on what lasers I was planning to buy from laserpointer pro, they were so cheap I was like ill get 4 of the 80mw 532, 3 of the 100mw, 6 of the 40mw that I can take apart and play with etc. So your right by reading you get the jest of who si bad and not. I cant see anyone not being wary of a 1000000mw laser for $20. Keep up the good work gozart:)

Last edited:

gozert

More info on laser safety added (thanks BowtieGuy!!). Will consider adding more info about good/bad companies, although it may be hard to make list like that with those hit or miss companies.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
No problem, glad I could help! :)

I agree, people are always going to disagree on which companies are good or bad, based on their personal experience.
In my mind, what really helps me determine if a company is good or not, is it's customer service, and after sales support; there are some companies that are much better than others at at this.

APEX1

Sticky in the newcomer section??????? This is an awesome thread.!!