Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

All about Cancer

Jaseth

Hello everyone.
I would like to know if anyone in here has or has had cancer, is close to someone who has it, works with cancer patients or in any other way know a lot about it.
Any reply is welcome but this is mainly for getting real stories of real feelings and struggles.
This thread is neither for entertainment nor commercial purposes. This is for personal reflections and sharing feelings.
My focus is young people with cancer and actually any terminal disease targeting young people, but once again.. any reply is welcome.
Thank you all!

Seb

Last edited:

My wife was diagnosed with stage 3b breast cancer 3yrs ago. She went through chemo and radiation therapy and is beating the odds now. I was with her every step of the way and met a whole lot of people with cancer and listened to their stories.

A positive, fighting, and "marine corps" attitude is one of the factors she attributes to her success in beating it, UCSF is another. She also had lots of support from family and friends. Cancer sucks, and it effects more than just the patient.... but it can be beat. Never give up the fight, keep positive. I know it is easy for me to say since I wasn't the one having to do battle, but I met plenty of people fighting cancer that agree a positive attitude is necessary.

Well I don't have cancer but I have a discal hernia and I'm 19 years old. Age doesn't really matter (and no, I don't spend my whole day sitting on a chair working on the PC) when it comes to these kinds of problems..

Jaseth

ColdStl:
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I completely agree on the positive attitude and I am sure it will get me through too. I am very happy for you and your wife that she is winning the fight! Just one thing.. never ever let them "you probably don't need that" the checkups after she is completely cured, even if they are professionals. I lost my grandmother that way.

Niko:
I am sorry to hear that.. my father has it too and I can guess as to just how difficult it must be to function sometimes. I bet your Chuck attitude will carry you through however ;)

Seb

daguin

One of my best friends in the world fought non-hodgkins lymphoma for 9 years. She lost that fight two years ago. Her search for a cure took her all the way to Turkey for experimental treatments.

She never lost her positive attitude for more than a short while. Through the fight she lost her husband and job. With the assistance of friends and family she never had to go to hospice.

Near the end she endured almost daily trips to the day hospital for tests and possible transfusions.

For a 90 pound weakling, she loved large <3

We miss you Dragonfly
Google

There is a hole in my heart where Char's smile used to be.

Peace,
dave