Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aixiz Module Table Top Heatsink & Mount

For sale is a very simple mount and heat sink for holding an aixiz module. It measures 1.25"H x 1"w x .75"d. Black anodized. It has setscrew to hold an axiz module for testing or table top experiments. It has two slots cut in the foot for mounting and sliding back and forth. It is not spectacular or anything, but it is at least a minor contribution offered to the forum which someone might need or find useful!

Units are $15.00 ea. unlimited quantities.

May be purchased at www.microlaserlabs.com or paypal me directly.

Thank you for looking!

Attachments

• Ebay_craigslist_204_640x480.jpg
    Ebay_craigslist_204_640x480.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 239

Forgot to add...beam height is .75" above surface.

I also realize that some might think this is too much to pay, or that times are tough or international shipping would prohibit purchase...I understand all that. If you have nothing nice to say please move to another thread. it is just a little mount which does not want to get abused

thank you

jayrob

This is a nice idea for green modules too since they are very close to the same size as AixiZ in diameter...

Just curious, is this made of aluminum? And is the hole that will make contact with the module bare metal, or anodized?
Jay

it is anodized, and I dont really like that for heat transfer, I may try a run of drilling after anodizing but the fit is snug...not as good as a clam shell design but it is cheaper (granted it isnt at the price point of lets say $1.00 with free international shipping but it is here and it is available.

If I knew what size the average green modules were I would make one for that specifically. If you have dims, ill have some next week.

sorry aluminum, i cant even think anymore, all I want to do is build stuff that might be useful,

daguin

Laserman532 said:
it is anodized, and I dont really like that for heat transfer, I may try a run of drilling after anodizing but the fit is snug...not as good as a clam shell design but it is cheaper (granted it isnt at the price point of lets say $1.00 with free international shipping but it is here and it is available.

If I knew what size the average green modules were I would make one for that specifically.  If you have dims, ill have some next week.

Most of the green modules Jay is referring to are the same diameter as the AixiZ. 11.5mm-12mm. One of the reasons that many of the pointers are built into green pointer housings is that you just remove the green module and slip the AixiZ module into the tube, in its place. If it will tighten down onto an AixiZ with even a very slight separation between the halves, it will hold a green module securely.

Peace,
dave

JLSE

Laserman532 said:

If I knew what size the average green modules were I would make one for that specifically.  If you have dims, ill have some next week.

Green modules are pretty much the same size as the axiz blanks. The only difference being that the 532 may be a tad more in length, just not diameter.

Edit* LOL, Dave beat me to it :p

ill need to get one of those 532 for fun. this mount is fine for 803t's and LOC's no blemo. Now .5 watt blues...I dont know :eek: ;)

daguin

Laserman532 said:
ill need to get one of those 532 for fun.  this mount is fine for 803t's and LOC's no blemo.  Now .5 watt blues...I dont know :eek: ;)

I've got one here that you can have. I ripped it out of a pointer but it was putting out too much for me to just tear the switch/driver board off off. I have no real use for it, but it is too good just to trash. It does ~50mW with 4.5V. The driver is linear so less voltage = less output. Send me your address. I don't think I saved your return address from the package you sent me :-[

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=Laserman532 link=1238981212/0#7 date=1238983789]ill need to get one of those 532 for fun.  this mount is fine for 803t's and LOC's no blemo.  Now .5 watt blues...I dont know :eek: ;)

I've got one here that you can have.  I ripped it out of a pointer but it was putting out too much for me to just tear the switch/driver board off off.  I have no real use for it, but it is too good just to trash.  It does ~50mW with 4.5V.  The driver is linear so less voltage = less output.  Send me your address.  I don't think I saved your return address from the package you sent me :-[

Peace,dave[/quote]

PM sent - trade credit applied ;)