Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aixiz heatsink or hellicopter part?

Ace82

12mm, perfect! Nice find! Good price too. That heatsink is designed to really dissipate heat because the motor produces allot more heat then the lasers (unless you're killing your diode).

Ace82

keeperx said:
[quote author=Ace82 link=1222100845/0#2 date=1222103218]12mm, perfect! Nice find!  Good price too. That heatsink is designed to really dissipate heat because the motor produces allot more heat then the lasers (unless you're killing your diode).  

TY i thought it was a nice find too...

save a penny
http://www.hobbypartz.com/a120mohesifo.html
[/quote]

That's funny, I have the exact Align rotor head and tail rotor set up in that picture on my heli. And they're strong! I've put them both through several crashes, each time minor parts need replacement and back up again!

Ace, which t-rex u running? I have a 450 SE v2, Copter-X but basically its the same from what I have read.

This heatsink is a very nice find, however it is not as effective as one may think as it is designed to have air flowing through it. I made a similar style heatsink (check pic) using 4 PC SDRAM heatsinks and it would get quite hot quickly (was cooling a BR at 143ma). With these diodes we want mainly mass to heatsink, the added surface area for cooling does not help as much as one would think, believe me I was quite surprised at how quickly it was heating up.

dscn0977gi2.jpg

That being said, it would be an awesome heatsink to use on a pen style build and for the price it is definately worth a shot, good find.

Thanks
brtaman

Switch

Too bad you can't easily mount a 9mm in an aixiz.You could add that heatsink and a fan behind it, like a little Herc :D Would be awesome and would work pretty well I think.

Ace82

I don't think I would want to be running a 650 or a 405 LD to a point where a fan & heatsink would be necessary... since you get what the LD is producing anyway, unlike DPSS where you need extreme IR power for decent 532 output.

Brtaman, I saw your picture on the "post your host" thread and that's defiantly unique. :cool:
I'm actually running a Walkera 60, not a T-rex... but it's completely Frankensteined out, really the only thing that's the same is the aluminum chassis, and the landing. I posted about it on this thread: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1190555925/40

Attachments

• heli_1.jpg
    heli_1.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 212

artix

Meh, since we are talking about RC helis, Do you think the honeybee FP is a good one to start off with?

This guy thinks so. :D
[media]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=PDep7-bI3Zc&feature=PlayList&p=9859769F0CEDB61B&index=0[/media]

Things

I have a RC heli, but its in need of a transmitter (8 channels) and a motor fix before we can use it, its petrol powered and the motor is seized up aparently. It was hand built, I love it :D