Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Airplane Tracker

Track airplanes.... self explanatory. I just found this and I think it's pretty sweet. I don't think it has all airplane traffic though. Still, if this gets updates and begins showing more air traffic, I believe it could be VERY useful for all of us. I didn't see any planes show up in the U.S. which makes me believe the government won't show that information about planes because they're sooo paranoid about terrorists. Still, check it out. It is in German but there are 2 little folder/tab buttons in the bottom left corner of the screen; the left one will open the preferences and allow you to change the language.

AIR TRAFFIC

EDIT: oops... I didn't realize a thread already had this link in it: http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/updated-24-hours-air-traffic-worldwide-62088.html
If anyone doesn't like that I made a thread about an already open topic, then a mod can delete this thread. Sorry!

O when I read the title I was under the impression we were going to build something that would track a airplane in the sky with a laser beam :crackup:

Haha only if it was with an infrared laser and night vision goggles so I couldn't be caught :whistle:

except with that one, you can be caught. If the beam is invisible to the naked eye, then you can't get caught :evil: haha jk i dont have enough money for night vision goggles or an infrared laser atm

DrSid

This one is actually much better:

Flightradar24.com - Live Flight Tracker!

Data are collected by amateurs with passive receivers of aircraft transponder signal. The device costs about $400 and it will tell you actual position of all aircraft in range.