Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

After a low-end laser show.. recomendations?

akelu

Hiya peoples

I'm relatively new to the forums so i thought id pop in and say hi in the laser show section :)

I'm after a low end laser for party purposes, My price limit is $300USD.

I would like it to have a sound mode, and does patterns, not just made for fog.

I dont mean full animations but just like patterns.

I've looked on ebay but it seems that most of them are the scanners for like tunnel and stuff with fog.

Was thinking maybe go for this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/190mW-RGY-CA...ViewItem&pt=Licht_Effekte&hash=item3a58c69dfa

Plus an ILDA cable? Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Matt

Last edited:

Xer0

You could get a PF-114 fomr Pufeng Lighting for around 300$...
Its full ILDA, DMX and capable of somewaht crappy 10-15k.
But its RGV (bluray). They arent on the 445nm train just yet

if you are after cheap, getting a rgv scanner isn't so bad right now because you can pop out the blue ray diode and replace it with a 445nm diode and change the current to have RGB. The blue beam might not be perfect but if you just want cheap it would probably do what you want. But, I am going to bet that the RGV scanners will soon vanish and there will only be RGB scanners from now on.

I would assume someone would buy a projector with an ILDA port if they want an ILDA port. But, if the scanner doesn't come with one it wouldn't take much to add one. Just look for the wires coming out of the DMX board and attach those to a DB25 connector and you have an ILDA port.

flecom

what I meant is he is asking for a projector that just does patterns and is sound activated... what would he need an ILDA port for? (he mentioned it)

chances are if he only wants to spend $300 on a projector a dac/software package isn't in the cards ;)

So he wants a dmx driven projector?
i would advise if you are going to buy one make sure it has dmx and ilda.
No point in spending money then down the road wanting a bit more and have to buy a whole new projector.

flecom

ya fair enough, but if its a difference between getting extra mW and getting an ILDA port... you can always add one later assuming whatever projector has proper galvos in it (not one of those cheapy stepper motor projectors)

in a way i cant belive these things go for this much for such little power.
Maybe before you buy go to PL (photonlexicon) and place a WTB;used laser projector thread.
Those power level are just to low. my projector had 180mw of just blu-ray alone, 200 of red and 50 of green
so almost a 1/2w projector.
With all the new laser that have hit the market you might even be better of asking to have one built or modded to be up to spec with all the new tech.
I had a spiro with those low powers in it and if there were any other lights on the only color seen was the green.
But if you can get into the 1/2w-1w range those can be used with lots of light.
Also buying one used means you know exactly what it has inside and what quality it is.
i bought my galvos used and they are perfect besides being like 15k gavlos...