Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AFM Astronomy.fm

I listen to Astronomy.fm when I'm at my workbench and when falling asleep at night. I get it on a talk radio app. Is anyone here familiar with it?
Danny

Last edited:

Never heard of it. I do, however, like listening to talk radio or peaceful music while driving. Since my move, I have a job which takes me about 30min to get to driving so I really have time to relax and think about anything I want without being bothered which is awesome!

I work in a very, very, very busy pharmacy which handles about 600 prescriptions all day so it's non stop people, filling medications etc... I seriously thought about leaving right in the middle of my shift one day lol. It's a good kind of exhausted though :) as soon as I get home I watch space videos. Yay!:D

-Alex

I've never listened to any astronomy radio/podcast, but I do love doing my astrophotography, very relaxing and is my other major hobby apart from lasers and cameras.
I've posted some of my astro stuff on LPF.

RB
:beer:

Reactions: GSS
I'm seriousaly considering purchasing an go-to type reflector scope, at least 10" if I can afford it.
Danny

Rivem

A 10" goto is perfect.

RB

Might not be with the "if I can afford it" though. More like "if I'm willing to drop the cash." ;)

I've really been wanting to get a 10" RC and a good eq mount for imaging, but the $2,000 minimum without the rest of the imaging equipent just isn't doable right now. Then there are APOs.

Probably could do it if I got rid of my good visual scopes, but I'm still more into visual work and outreach, so that won't happen. I should get to use a pro telescope on occasion though.

For anybody interested in telescopes, Go-To isn't usable for the vast majority of astrophotography unless it's equatorial and probably above $500 on just the mount for a decent sized scope.

True, I was refering to just visual use.
A goto 10" would be great to find and view objects with.
For astrophotography it really does need a good EQ mount to be useful.
I use two refractors and an SCT for visual and imaging.

RB

Rivem

True, I was refering to just visual use.
A goto 10" would be great to find and view objects with.
For astrophotography it really does need a good EQ mount to be useful.
I use two refractors and an SCT for visual and imaging.

RB

Do you use a wedged alt-az or GEQ?

Also, if anybody's on a real budget, get a dob. I regret going straight for a decent 4 inch go-to when I could have bought a good manual 10 inch dob for the same price and seen a heck of a lot more. For visual use, go-to can be tedious and slow to set up without a permanent mount or a spending a lot of money for one that can self align. I'd say go-to or push to is somewhat important for scopes with a small field of view, but most beginners can get by with a bit of practice on a wider FOV scope.