Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Advice on making driver for Nubm08 diode.

Zerdall

I have not made a laser at all so I am new to this. But I am willing to learn and I am looking for advice on making the driver for my diode. I ordered a nubm08 455nm 4.75W blue diode. So if anyone has a place where I could start reading up on how to do this the right way I would appreciate it.

Encap

Easiest quickest way-have a look at drivers on DTR web page. https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/ and buy one there or on eBay
If you really want to make one from scratch, google "DIY laser diode driver" see listings including LPF listings there.

Last edited:

Zerdall

Thank you for that site, I will use it if I can't make a driver. I was hoping to find a site where I could read up on how to make the driver itself. Do you know of any resources?

Encap

Thank you for that site, I will use it if I can't make a driver. I was hoping to find a site where I could read up on how to make the driver itself. Do you know of any resources?
As said above in post #2:
" If you really want to make one from scratch, google "DIY laser diode driver" see listings including LPF listings there. " Dozens of web page listings about same there.

Last edited: