Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Advice on compatible drivers to diodes.

JSimo

Hi everyone,

So I want to buy some weaker red diodes on eBay, and they're rated at a standard operating voltage of 2.2, 2.2 and 2.4 volts respectively. And the driver outputs a suitable current but is rated as a 5v-10v driver. So my question is, if I play around with the pot (I plan on using AA batteries) will I they work?
Here are the links for more info!

Thanks so much, this is my first real lasering.

Laser Diode Driver Board 20-300mA, TTL Control adjustable current | eBay
635nm 10mW High Power Laser Diode 5.6mm TO-18 Package | eBay
650nm 10mW High Power Laser Diode 5.6mm TO-18 Package | eBay
658nm 80mW Laser Diode TO-18 5.6mm Package High Power | eBay

Blord

How many AA batteries are you using ? The driver is rated for 5-10V input. You need at least 4 in series.

Blord

First chose a host. The host will determine the batteries, one or two 3.7 li-ion or 4xAA etc.
If you find out what batteries it takes then chose the driver for the diode.
That is the way you are looking for the driver.

Or are you building a labby ?

JSimo

I've got a lot of those mini-LED torches laying around that take 3 AAAs, so I guess using these would be good. I'm looking for a min 4.5v driver then? I was going to order a 10 pack of Aixis blank modules for 5.6mm diodes and wanted something on the weaker side to go with them, preferably red light.

I think because the diodes I'm looking at are cheap I'll just buy the complete module to save me the trouble of looking for drivers. The modules are pretty much the same price anyway.

Blord

Like this host ? They are a pita to make laser. Already killed 2 SOC red diode with that host :)

IMG_0412.JPG

Last edited: