Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Advice on buying laser

Jooki

What I'm looking for is a handheld laser that can burn stuff, lil' holes.

Yes, I take safety very seriously, I'm a professional diver, safety always comes first.
Yes, I will buy quality glasses, don't want to blind myself.
No, I don't want to harm anyone, I own guns, rifles, I'm a grown up.

I've done some research, but I'm totally new in this stuff and most of the time i don't know what I'm reading, I've also used the search before posting and also looked at the sales part but I don't find what I'm looking for, lots of colours, power, diameter of the pointer, etc.

As almost every new guy in this world the first place you're dragged to is Wickedlasers, but experience has tought me that brands that expend lots of money on marketing aren't that good, the quality is on the underground, and thats why I come to you, the experts, looking for advice on which one to buy.

I've already read the safety posts and guides:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/complete-guide-owning-lasers-please-read-82066.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/learn-mistakes-can-happen-anybody-50044.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/l...d-buy-build-laserpointer-projector-78125.html

But I still don't know which laser should I buy, I don't care about the colour, I want a laser that can burn a hole on plastic surface from a reasonable long distance and lit paper on fire, cigarettes and matches, and want one that does that efficiently, not the cheapest one.

Thank you very much in advance for your advice :)

I'm still looking for stuff, found this from an add on this forum http://www.warnlaser.com/Laser_pointer/2w-blue-laser-445nm-1500mw-laser-pointer-luna-series

Is this good? says that can burn wood, mor epower that the one on wickedlasers and cheaper...

Last edited:

Hi and welcome , going by what you asking will need a 445 nm blue laser about 2 Watts plus. That's a very powerful laser not to be toyed with and you as said will need good quality safety googles in red Color to protect your eyes from blue light and OD5 + .There are quite a few ppl on the forum that make them up and sell them as you cant just buy them as customs in most countries are going to grab them so its a risk with some serious money you may lose the laser. You will need to get one from your own country to get rid of the customs hassle .best of luck, I'm sure you will hear from someone that has one for sale

Last edited:

Jooki

okay, understood, i'll go to roam around my city, ythere are several electronics specialized in radio stuff, maybe they have something or can point me somewhere :)

Doubt it. You will never find a laser store with more than dinky 5mw pointers. Why do you want to burn stuff? I love lasers because of their color. It's the purest. I love everything about them. Burning is just an add on for me. Just browse the for sale section.

Jooki

I like to burn stuff the same way i like the smell of powder and gasoline :D

Well if that's what makes you happy. I would suggest you try lighters. I know zippo makes some great ones. Lasers of the power you want are extremely dangerous. One millisecond is the difference between you or someone else being blind.

Jooki

Well if that's what makes you happy. I would suggest you try lighters. I know zippo makes some great ones. Lasers of the power you want are extremely dangerous. One millisecond is the difference between you or someone else being blind.

What can possibly be wrong on being bored of shooting cans from 1000 feet and willing to lit wood on fire from that same distance on that same place? seriously... why the hostility?

Last edited:

Encap

For the same money a JetLasrers 445nm, 2W, PL-E Pro is a much better choice. Superior quality, superior product and longer duty cycle(on) time
1000mW PL-E Pro 445nm blue Laser

None of them is going to burn anything at 1000 feet.

Safety is the most important aspect of using--at that output power, a laser can easily cause blindness in less than blink reflex time of 1/4 second

Jooki

For the same money a JetLasrers 445nm, 2W, PL-E Pro is a much better choice. Superior quality, superior product and longer duty cycle(on) time
1000mW PL-E Pro 445nm blue Laser

None of them is going to burn anything at 1000 feet.

Safety is the most important aspect of using--at that output power, a laser can easily cause blindness in less than blink reflex time of 1/4 second

I know they wont, it was just a comparison, youre repply was exaclty what I needed, thank you very much :) his... well, let's say he wants to learn to troll and is still on practice :p

Last edited:
^^^Cantthinkofone's answers were fine IMO. You should listen to what people say. High power lasers are not toys and unless you respect that fact, you are likely to harm yourself and others.

his... well, let's say he wants to learn to troll and is still on practice :p

Grow up. :tsk:

Last edited:
What can possibly be wrong on being bored of shooting cans from 1000 feet and willing to lit wood on fire from that same distance on that same place? seriously... why the hostility?
No hostility intended. You won't be able to light fire 1000 feet away I don't think. I was trying to say that your shooting for danger and especially if you use it outdoors. Shooting someone is illegal, them looking at a blue dot and being blinded is not unless they can prove it was you and your laser. Anyone can load a gun and pull the trigger, lasers are unpredictable. Sorry if the truth upsets you I'm trying to keep you and surrounding people safe.

This^ was your edit to a troll post that YOU wrote. Care to see it?
---Quote (Originally by cantthinkofone)---
---End Quote---
There arent any kids posting... so, maybe you could try to troll somewhere else if youre not willing to help, or just shush, u know, don't disturb, I understand what youre trying to achieve here, what I'm just saying is that youre mistaken and could save those calories and put them on good use on some other endeavour of yours.

When i take my mouser out to the field all it takes for me to blow someones head is aim wrong, never happened so far though.
That could be perceived as hostility. Just saying.

Thanks for these advices I always use to search for these lesser things but never find any satisfying answers yet, but now i think all these tips are enough for me.