Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Advice anyone?

I am completely new to this forum and have been wanting to start building lasers as a hobby. i really know nothing except that it can be kind of costly to start out since a lot of it is trial and error until you really understand the process. I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a place to find a decent DIY starter kit or just a link to good info for noobs. I really think this is a hobby I could get into and any help is much appreciated.

-Steven

Yes Survival Laser has some great stuff. Add your location to your profile so people can better advise you. Many people won't answer you at all if they don't even know what country your in.

See the white links in my signature for some examples of the easiest ways to build a laser, and read as many other build threads that you can find and you will soon learn how to build lasers. Welcome to LPF.

Alan

Yes Survival Laser has some great stuff. Add your location to your profile so people can better advise you. Many people won't answer you at all if they don't even know what country your in.

See the white links in my signature for some examples of the easiest ways to build a laser, and read as many other build threads that you can find and you will soon learn how to build lasers. Welcome to LPF.

Alan
I edited my bio. Thank you for the advice. :)

I edited my bio. Thank you for the advice. :)

Just so you know, since you're in Arizona if you buy from Survival Laser you can't buy those complete kits they sell on the international site, they can't sell them in the US, you have to buy from their site for US buyers.
Survival Laser USA Home
They are however one of the main sources of parts and accessories that most of us buy from. Here are some links to others.
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/
http://www.aixiz.com
Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More!
I also buy some laser related items on Amazon.

Alan