Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Adjust Focus on dx200

Is it possible to adjust the focus of my laser? I'm not sure exactly how to go about this if it is even possible...

S

SenKat

On the standard DX200 greenie, I am fairly sure you would need an external focuser...

Ok, so turning that brass notched thing inside the tip of the laser does not have anything to do with focusing?

S

SenKat

Okay - you didn't state you would be dissassembling it ! LOL

You can try...I always suggest, prior to mucking about with the focusing asembly that you find a way to mark where it is at present - like a black sharpie mark or something....that way, if it gets really boogered up, you can put it back where it was !

Good call with the marking... I just can't stand to leave anything I buy intact!

Any tips to removing the tip of the laser without totally destroying it?

S

SenKat

YES !!! :)

Take a block of wood, drill a hole in it just a little smaller than the diameter of hte head of the laser. Then you cut that piece of wood in half - using the wood to clamp down on the lasers head will keep it from being mangled :) Look for posts by Kenom and Hemlock Mike - they go into more detail on it, and can explain it better than I - since I have not used that method ! I mangled my first disassembly of a DX pointer :p

Will do. Thanks for the info... it looks like the lens might need a bit of cleaning too as there seems to be quite a bit of leakage around the beam... almost looks like a fingerprint

Andy --

I have a DX200 and have used the wood block to get into it. That threaded front lens holder is TIGHT. If you can move it for focus, It must have a spring behind it to make adjustments. NOT !!!
If you want focus -- Build a RED !!!!
My DX200 is bright but beam size doesn't match my DL95. SUPER at night though.

Mike