Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Adds all over the place it terrible

Hi LPF,
These ads are everywhere , in the middle of posts . sometimes blocking the thread way to many sometime I dont even want to log in. They are very annoying
Are all these ads paying to support the forum if so why is there a need to contribute 5.00 a month .
Rich:(

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Rich. Adblocker extension will help a lot if on desktop.

gazer101

Is LPF a not-for-profit entity? If not that might explain the ads (for profit)

I've never noticed an abundance of ads here. However, I do run ad blockers on all my devices so that may be why.

Hi,
Just way to many now its never been this bad before very discouraging and there mostly BS ads. I wish they would do away with them ..
The ads take up more room that the threads . They S--K period we shouldn't have to download ad blockers to the preferences .
Rich:)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Hi,
Just way to many now its never been this bad before very discouraging and there mostly BS ads. I wish they would do away with them ..
The ads take up more room that the threads . They S--K period we shouldn't have to download ad blockers to the preferences .
Rich:)
Whilst I agree, an adblocker is a good fix. I've gone through stripping ads of my own website. One for user convenience, and secondly for respect of my users privacy.

Encap

Try Firefox browser on PC.
I use it and do not see/get any adverts other than the banner ads for Sanwu and jayrob , on standard or strict security settings.

Hope that helps.

Edit : Just had a look with IE 11 which I rarely use---ads everywhere very annoying as you said.

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Only issue I have is when the ads interfere with the page formatting, this is really annoying and it sometimes takes me a few refreshes to get it to go back to normal.

Squish.png

Encap

Only issue I have is when the ads interfere with the page formatting, this is really annoying and it sometimes takes me a few refreshes to get it to go back to normal.
I saw the same effect on IE11---never happens with Firefox however.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
AdblockPlus. It blocks youtube ads too.