Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Adding Wires To Pins?

hey andy_con whats the password to your photobucket files, i wanna watch that video of you soldering wires to the pins of a diode

You know, this thread is about a year an a half old. You could've just PMed the person rather than resurrecting this post.

Benm

Old topic or not... if you are new to soldering, get some practice on cheap components.

It isnt that hard a skill to master, but it does take some actual doing to get the job done in the end!

Well since the thread is already back to life....

I use telephone wire as suggested above, the problem is it is a pain in the butt to strip the wire without breaking any of the copper strands inside. To strip the wire without breaking any of the copper strands use a lighter! The insulation will catch on fire and drip off the wire like water, blow the fire out and you get a nice rounded bubble of melted plastic that I think looks pretty professional. Twist the strands together a little bit, tin and trim them, and you are good to go!