Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

? about the 445 as used in the actual projo from Casio...

Dregan

Has anyone figured out the actual current Casio is putting to these? I've seen conflicting answers (yes, using the ruddy search!) and am wondering if there's a definitive response form anyone.

I have several AMC7135 drivers from DX that I'm sitting on, and all evidence shows that I could use a 1400 mA to drive one of the 445 diodes, but I'd hate to fry my $50...

Dregan

That... was exactly what I was looking for. After I read that thread a second time.

I'm good to go with my 1400 mA.

Thanks!

Morgan

Be careful of voltage spikes though. From what I've read, an added capacitor on the output of those drivers will reduce your risk of popping your $50.

M
:)

Dregan

I read that. I'll have to dig through my pile o' caps and see what I have that I can use. My local TV Hut closed, so I'd hate to have to put an order in to DigiKey for like one or two caps...

ReNNo

AMC driver doesn't like capacitors at output side.
If you put capacitor at output driver will not work.

I tried to put small SMD capacitor at driver output in my IR build but I had to turn off and turn on laser about 10 times in order to make laser working.
It seems that AMC has some kind of short circuit protection that responses in very short time, and empty capacitor will act almost like short circuit.

With larger capacitors it's even worse.

What about putting capacitor at driver input?

Dregan

Since the AMC7135 is draw-sensitive, maybe it's reading the larger caps as an open circuit. In that case, as small of a cap as possible on the Vf lead would be the way to go, right?

Never thought of one on the VIn lead. Gonna need to ponder about that a while.

I believe now the manufacturer recommends a diode for reverse polarity protection and a filter cap on the Vin for the chip.

Dregan

I just took a pic of the three types of AMC7135 chips I have lying around (I seriously have 15+ of each, if anyone wants one...)
4770015000_3f933ba63e.jpg

If you look where I've MS painted the green line, there's already a polarity diode on each chip. All I should need to add is a filter cap, and then I'll be set.

Hmm. Images don't seem to like the BB. Here's a link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrismlutz/47700150/

Last edited: