Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AAA Barries

there is a risk of overdriving the laser and burning up the driverboard with overvoltage. But then again, your laser probably wasn't that expensive to begin with.

Those sanyos that were linked look nice! I'd say go for those. I run my green pen pointer off of eneloops, so these should work too.

Fox666

Yes, it wasn't. Next time I shall buy a AA battery pointer, but for now I will risk these 3-4 volts batteries.

I brought it for 70 reais, which equals to around 40 dollars.

@ Auto XX,
Sorry about the copy/paste, but I was in a hurry, but also wanted to pass along the info.

PS,
You might want to wait 'til you have more REP PTS. & FORUM POSTS before you begin to criticize the way that "LONG TIME MEMBERS & 'VETS' " create their posts. Just an FYI on Forum Etiquette........

PPS,
Have you made a DONATION for this month yet ?

Negative.
I don't have much in the way of extra coin but I put time and effort into helping other LPF members.
I don't spam garbage posts everywhere so my post count is low and I don't sell anything or post all of my new laser builds so my rep points are low.
"P.S"
Didn't take long for you to get defensive about the "he might get banned for it"
1. I saw you are a mod, that was the joke ^_^
2. I couldn't find 10440 sized aw batteries. I might be looking in the wrong place but his laser won't fit 18650s even with liberal sledgehammer usage.
Be happy bro, this is all about fun.
I'm having the time of my life for as long as I live.

Fox666

By the way I brought this pair of batteries:
link

===//===//===

Off-topic:

Auto XX, I guess your entire post was a joke?

That post from phoenix77 does look like a spam bot at first sight LOL

I use a protected 10440 in my green pen too from time to time (esp. right now, when all my 'loops are being borrowed...). Just make sure to only use one. I made a spacer out of some scrap cabling. I used a computer power cable because it's almost the same diameter as a AAA, and just cut it to the same length as a AAA and screwed in some small screws to make contact points at both ends instead of exposed wire. Just be sure that when the spacer is in the battery tube that it's not shorting where it shouldn't be. Best bet for pen-style lasers is to insert the 10440 FIRST, and then the spacer and tailcap. This way, if the spacer shorts against the inside wall of the pen, it doesn't matter because the button switch on the driverboard in the head is still off.

Last edited:

Fox666

Thanks, that information is usefull.

I am a total noob on that stuff. It would work if I put two 10440 there? Or can't I put one 10440 along with a common 1.2v battery?

Never mix batteries of different types.
If you mix 1.2v with 3.7 it will basically "charge" the lower voltage battery and it could blow up. If you use 2 lipo batteries I guarantee your laser will die INSTANTLY.
I have already answered your question 3 different ways. unless you are going to use a separate power supply, pick one and go with it.
You might not have heard the answer you want to hear but that doesn't mean that you are going to.
I have even outlined the pros and cons of the choices.
Simple answer: USE ENEGIZER LITHIUMs. They are going to last a few hours at least. They won't kill your laser and they are readily available.
YOU'RE WELCOME

Dave91

Hmm so what is the difference between AAA's and AA's except for the size obviously and the battery power (maH) ? All the AAA's and AA's rechargeable batteries run at 1.2v and all the non-rechargeable batteries run at 1.5v right?
The battery voltage is the only thing that matters to power a laser with enough constant voltage to keep it running at the required output and the mAh just determines how long the battery lasts providing that voltage before running out am I right?

Keeping that in mind maybe someone should make a thread with a list of laser outputs ( mW ) and the recommended battery voltage for that output to keep it running like it's supposed to, in order to avoid problems like the one Fox666 had. There are people who don't know much about batteries and are simply confused by this sometimes.

For example:
50mW - 1.2v to 1.5v recommended.
200mW,etc etc.
A list something like this :D

Last edited:

Fox666

Dave, reeeally thank you! You made it very clear!

I come to this forum to ask this. It would be VERY appreciated if someone create a thread explaining everything about batteries!