Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AAA Barries

Fox666

I own a 200mw green laser pointer. I am using a pair of rechargeable AAA batteries.

I don't know exactly the company name, it's simply writen "★ LASER POINTER ★" on it. It also says "MADE IN CHINA" on the warning advisor. It's identical to this picture.

The problem is: I noticed that my friend with a 50mw laser pointer (visually identical) seems more powerfull than my own 200mw laser.

I made some tests, and it looks like it's my rechargeable batteries fault.

I just don't understand batteries. I don't understand what the values mean. Which value equal to the battery power?

My current batteries have the current values:
  • NICKEL-METAL HYDRIDE BATTERY
  • AAA|typ.800mAh
  • HR11/45 1.2v
  • AAA HR03 MICRO

Which batteries should I be looking at? I prefer to use rechargeable batteries.

I would appreciate if someone can recommend me what kind should I have and what kind takes a good power and duration. :san:

Note: I am new here. I searched through the forum, it was a little bit confusing, I did couldn't find anything relevant to my answer, sorry.

I would suggest forgetting about anything powered with "AAA" cells !
Go for something with "AA" lithium cells or larger and you will save your self many headaches ;)

Which batteries should I be looking at? I prefer to use rechargeable batteries.
I would appreciate if someone can recommend me what kind should I have and what kind takes a good power and duration. :san:
Note: I am new here. I searched through the forum, it was a little bit confusing, I did couldn't find anything relevant to my answer, sorry.

Fox666

Okay, that a good advice whenever I am going to buy a new laser pointer...

However, since it's not the case, let's just say my religion is against AA. :na:

Might be better to look at it this way:
rechargeable (ninh or nicad) are only rated 1.2v versus an alkaline at 1.5v
Get some energizer lithiums, they last a long frikken time and you can get them on fleabay for under a buck apiece shipped.
I'm pretty sure your rechargeable batteries won't keep up to this particular laser. Might as well just bite the bullet and order some up.
The other option is a "10440" lithium ion battery with a spacer (or 2 of them in parallel) they are rated 3.7v and I'd think would work for your application if you NEEDED rechargeables.
*Someone that knows for sure please correct me if I'm wrong*
Good luck bro.

Why don't you like "AA" cells they have more power than a "AAA" and if you use Lithium they have more power than a Nimh or Cd cell.

l
Okay, that a good advice whenever I am going to buy a new laser pointer...

However, since it's not the case, let's just say my religion is against AA. :na:

Fox666

Might be better to look at it this way:
rechargeable (ninh or nicad) are only rated 1.2v versus an alkaline at 1.5v
Get some energizer lithiums, they last a long frikken time and you can get them on fleabay for under a buck apiece shipped.
I'm pretty sure your rechargeable batteries won't keep up to this particular laser. Might as well just bite the bullet and order some up.
The other option is a "10440" lithium ion battery with a spacer (or 2 of them in parallel) they are rated 3.7v and I'd think would work for your application if you NEEDED rechargeables.
*Someone that knows for sure please correct me if I'm wrong*
Good luck bro.
Wow dude! Thanks a lot! :D

Shall I ask, can you tell me some similar ones? Since it's not that easy to find this one in my country
Why don't you like "AA" cells they have more power than a "AAA" and if you use Lithium they have more power than a Nimh or Cd cell.
Sorry, but for now my laser pointer is AAA.

I created the thread about my current laser pointer. I understand what you guys are saying about AA, however I will look for that only when I am buying a new laser pointer. Okay? ;)

Last edited:
Yep if you have to use "AAA" cells I would get the Energizer ones that is what I use but only in "AA" size.

Fox666

Seems like 10440 is a very good choice. I am looking toward it.

Which other batteries near the 3-4v are there? Is aany there with a good duration (MaH over 2000)?

the only way you will get mah over 2000 is by connecting the 10440s in parallel or using an 18650
Looks like the host you have is sized to fit "AAAs" so that is your only option.
I think there are "lifepo" batteries that are 10440 sized "aaa" but they need a different kind of charger than even normal lipo (lithium polymer) batteries.
what you will need is a
*option 1. 2 AAA energizer lithium batteries (buy on ebay NEVER at the grocery store checkout, they cost too much there)
pros: easily implemented, that is all you will need, long life (850mah @1.5v), they also work in extreme temperatures -40*C to +80*C
cons:non rechargeable
*option 2. 10440 lifepo battery and a charger that will fit it as well as a spacer (think smoothed cut off nail wrapped in electrical tape)
pros:rechargeable (FAST charging), unique
cons:more expensive, need a specific charger, small capacity (350mah I think @ 3.0v)
*option 3. 10440 lipo batteries, charger, spacer.
pros: rechargeable, ummmm
cons:see lifepo but with a better capacity (400-500mah @ 3.7v)
That's all I think, you would be far better just to order up a bunch of energizer lithiums and call it a day. They are also fun to play with, but never open them up and take out the lithium strip or light it on fire and then put said strip into a glass of water ^_^
Another tip, don't bother bidding on the lithiums on fleabay, just find a decent deal as low as you can get per battery and "buy it now". I have tried bidding on the 50 to 100 battery lots in AA and the assholes keep bidding it up past "buy it now" prices for similar items.....

Last edited:
I'd have to say those numbers are WAAAY over estimated.
I have never regretted buying good quality batteries but crap ones have let me down a few times.
*EDIT:
Looked at the specs for the nimh batteries and they look up to spec but you will likely still have the same problem as the nimh that you are using now. It's still 1.2v apiece.

Last edited:

DJNY

Auto, he won´t be able to use Li-Ion batts in his unit. If he prefers rechargeable ones, and he does, the Sanyo are the best option to go with.

Why wouldn't he be able to use a lithium ion and a spacer?
he has already said there is a problem with his laser running with nimh. If the driver is having problems with 2.4v instead of a full 3.0v (and yes, I have seen that before) then primary batteries are the easy answer. Lipo is a different answer (4.2v might kill it) but not as effective. Lifepo (3.0v) is a better answer than Lipo but still not as good as the lithiums.
If the driver is a cheapy buck or linear driver, which is the most likely
the diode needs ~2.0V
the driver needs at least 0.5v
therefore there is a deficit with nimh and the thing will probably be falling out of regulation even with fully charged batteries.
the lithiums don't drop off in voltage much until they are almost dead.
the lifepo and lipo are quite high voltage compared to what the laser needs and could possible kill it.

Last edited:
global_header.gif

HomeAbout UsContact UsF.A.Q.My Account
inside-top-left.gif

inside-top-right.gif
header-cart_l.gif
CART IS EMPTY
header-browse-cat_l.gif
»All Products »Batteries + carriers & testers »Custom Flashlights and Parts »Flashlight Accessories »Flashlights »GITD »Knives »Lanyard Supplies »Multi-Tools »Outdoor Gear »Pelican Cases »Pens & Notebooks »Security Products »Bags & Pouches »Gift Certificates »Specials »Closeouts
Header-Price_l.gif
»0 - 24.99 »25 - 49.99 »50 - 99.99 »Over $100
Header-Search_l.gif

New Releases AW10180U AW 10180 Unprotected Rechargeable Lithium Battery $4.99 CRKT2500 Columbia River Knife & Tool Bear Claw Sharp Tip, Plain Edge $29.99
header-email_l.gif
Subscribe to our Newsletter. Enter your Email address below and press the GO button.
Subscribe Unsubscribe

SSL
tl_transp.gif

Home > All Products
AW 18650 Protected 2600 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery
spacer.gif
Part Number AW18650P26

productpage_emailfriend.png
Email this page to a friend
productpage_check.png
Review this item Price Your Price: $15.99
Availability: In Stock
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Share | http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...a/1&CXNID=2000001.5215456080540439074NXC&tt=0 http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...a/2&CXNID=2000001.5215456080540439074NXC&tt=0 http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...a/3&CXNID=2000001.5215456080540439074NXC&tt=0
spacer.gif

Quantity
spacer.gif
productpage_gift_registry.png
Add to Gift Registry
productpage_wishlist.png
Add to Wish List
spacer.gif
Description Everyone who is serious about batteries and flashlights will tell you that AW batteries are the premier lithium ion (also known as li-ion) rechargeable batteries available for use in flashlights. AW brand batteries are the only batteries specifically designed to get the best performance out of high-end flashlights.
*** NEW AW P18650 -26

• Designed for incan lamps and high power LEDs. Good performance even under 3A - 5A draw
  • Powers up a WA1185/1111 with a single click
  • Three triangulated raised dots ensure solid cell to cell connection when used in series
  • PCB protection against overcharge/ over discharge / short circuit
  • Safety vent with thermal cut off protection.
AW P18650 - 26 SPECIFICATIONS:

• Constant Voltage : 3.7V
  • Capacity : 2600mAH ( rated at 0.2C discharge 4.2V - 2.8V @ 25℃ )
  • Operating Temp. : Charge 0 to 45℃ / Discharge -20 to 60 ℃
  • Max. Charge Rate : 2.6A ( ambient temp. 25 ℃ )
  • Max. Discharge Rate : 5.2A ( ambient temp. 25 ℃ )
  • Dimensions :18.52 X 68.16mm ( +/- 0.3mm )

Related Items Ultrafire WF-188 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger Your Price: $22.99
star0.png
0 Review(s) Ultrafire WF-139 Charger for 14500 / 17500 / 18500 / 18650 / RCR123 3.7 volt Lithium Battery Charger Your Price: $17.99
star4.png
1 Review(s) Magnetic Spacer - 1.6mm Your Price: $0.20
star0.png
0 Review(s)
Browse Similar Items Batteries + carriers & testers
Batteries + carriers & testers > Li-Ion Protected Batteries

GOOD PLACE FOR BATTERIES OF ALL SIZES & mAhrs

Yeah, there was not a lot of thought went into that post :whistle:
Copy and paste a retailer's page is spam, he might get banned for it ^_^
It isn't a 10440 but if aw carries them, they are the best option for my option #3 :crackup: