Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A simple way to make circuit diagrams!

Things

good point mike! yep the voltage multiplier that uses diodes is VERY similar to this one, but it requires 2 diodes per stage i think?

Gazoo

Hemlock Mike said:
OH -- Gazoo -- You and I have better things to do than moderate.. Someone has to build stuff !!! I couldn't stand the problems. I prefer to let SenKat, the timelord and others do it ;D

Mike

Ha..ha...I agree... ;D I am waiting on some parts for my next TEC project. In the mean time I am burning stuff..lol.

Things

LOL!! i know something fun that i do when wasting time! i pull alot of stuff apart, but at the end of the day, i have thousands of electrolytic capacitors laying around. so i get one of the smallish ones, puncture a small hole in the top, and stick my soldering iron against them to heat them up. they start bubbling out their fluid, the it turns to steam and comes blasting out!!!! it's really fun!! if the capacitor is to big though, it won't heat up enough, so it won't work. do not try it with other types of capacitors though, they have no fluid in them, and the tant's might explode!! ;D thats just something i do when i'm bored ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gazoo

Well I guess it's the closest thing to fireworks.. ;D I used to do the same thing except I would hook up the polarity of electrolytic capacitors backwards. Apply power, wait for the bang and watch the paper fly all over the place... ;D But you have to be careful not to get hit in the eyes with anything ;)

Things

yea i've seen vids of that on youtube, but i puncture holes in the top first so it doesn't randomly explode, just tons of smoke/steam/juice comes flying out! ;D

Daedal

I used to... or PSpice.

This stuff is too easy to try and simulate it once you get a good hang on the basics though :)

I still want to make a circuit that pulses back and forth, and for that I'll need PSpice :(

--DDL

Gador

It is a software that allows you to build an electronic circuit and simulate it, just drag and dropping the components and joining them as you like. The last time I used it it was already really helpful and complete. I cannot say how is it working now or the latest versions, but it was a really excellent software and did help me a lot when I was in High School (3 years ago) so you should give it a try if you're interested.

Daedal

It's expensive! You could use the student version though, it's the same things but missing some of the high-end stuff. (can't recall what)

--DDL