Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A pair of hosts F.S. (Pic Heavy)

Unfortunately it's time for me to part with these in order to make room for future projects.

1. Up first I have a custom host that I turned on my lathe.
5290-ri-host8-1-6r.jpg

It has a fairly large heat sink/head that has a unique "finned" design that I came up with to try to maximize the surface area and give it better heat dissipation. I used this flashlight: Buy Performance Tools 9-Bulb LED Flashlight W2370 at Advance Auto Parts as the battery holder section because it's a bit thicker than most of those type of flashlights so it gave me more material to work with when I turned it on the lathe. The tail cap and heat sink/head are turned from solid 6061 aluminum and the heat sink and battery tube are threaded for a tight fit. It has been machined to fit an 18650, but can still fit the 3 X AAA holder as well (I will include a 3 X AAA holder). It comes with a brand new full aixiz module sized for a perfect press fit. Since it took me a fair bit of time to cut it on the lathe I'm asking $35 + $6shipping, bubble wrapped in a box, with delivery confirmation, CON. US only.
more pics:
5294-ri-host8-1-2r.jpg

5293-ri-host8-1-3r.jpg

5292-ri-host8-1-4r.jpg

5291-ri-host8-1-5r.jpg

5288-ri-host8-1-8r.jpg

Below you can see it next to a similar one with a microboost driver soldered to the diode and a spring for batt contact. It will also fit the full aixiz module with 18650 if you wanted to do some sort of an insulated contact directly on the back of the aixiz module.
5374-8-1-10.jpg

5375-8-1-11.jpg

5373-8-1-9.jpg

2. Next is a side clicky GITD host that is brand new.
5359-gray-gitd-2.jpg

This host comes with a 6061 aluminum heat sink and has a threaded retaining ring that holds the heat sink tight in the head. It's setup to accept a 3 X AAA holder (which will be included) but may be modified to take an 18650. Asking $15 + $6shipping, bubble wrapped in a box, with delivery confirmation, CON. US only.
5361-gray-gitd-4.jpg

5362-gray-gitd-5.jpg

5358-gray-gitd.jpg

5360-gray-gitd-3.jpg

Thanks for looking, PM me if your interested and happy lasing:wave:

Last edited:

Kevlar

Nice work!! :beer: I bet if you started with a some round stock or Al you could turn out some really fantastic hosts!

Nice work!! :beer: I bet if you started with a some round stock or Al you could turn out some really fantastic hosts!

Thanks I appreciate it. I should have much more coming soon, I have quite a bit of stock to play with. I'm trying to get some new projects underway that should impress, to say the least. Taking the summer off of school so I can focus on projects I've been putting off but I'll be returning to face calculus in the fall, :( bye bye life :yabbem:

Kevlar

Ah man, I hated calc!!! Damn functions...

Im looking toward towards your next one. :beer: